Missed You Guys!!

mendel

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I've been super busy working on my Research Proposal for my dissertation and I have not had the time or energy to say hello. I wanted to make sure to post today to say that I hope everyone is having a great day! I cannot wait to sit down later this evening and play for a few minutes just to relax a bit. The past few weeks have been really a grind for me.

Mendel

Hey Everyone!

I've been super busy working on my Research Proposal for my dissertation and I have not had the time or energy to say hello. I wanted to make sure to post today to say that I hope everyone is having a great day! I cannot wait to sit down later this evening and play for a few minutes just to relax a bit. The past few weeks have been really a grind for me.

Mendel

I had a week like that last week with two major essays due, but finidng time to play helps get through the day of notes and mungo jungo! Hope to see you more when you're through with your research! Don't work too hard!

Aloha Mendel,
Wondered what happened to you...didn't see you for a while....what are you studing and writing on your research proposal??? Hmmmm must be a long and grinding one...Make time and play your uke in between.
Happy Strummings...MM Stan...

Hey Everyone!

Mendel

I asked for a ban when I was finishing my masters. Seeso obliged me. It was funny b/c of the FB messages I got asking me what happened:)

As a guy who works between 60-80 hours/week, I totally feel for you. The uke is the only thing that allows me to unplug at the end of the day. All it takes is 20 min of playing (usually turns out into an hour+). When you start to get the "grindy feeling", step away and strum for 5 min. It does wonders to keep the stress levels low.

I'm getting my PhD in IO Psychology. My Dissertation studies emotional influences in the workplace with a focus on former elite athletes and non-athletes for comparison purposes. I'm about 2 chapters in. I think I have between 12 and 18 months left.... Work work work!!! When I'm not here, I genuinely miss the comaraderie!!

It's nice to be missed. I was totally exhausted the other day, but I could not take time for a nap. I picked up the uke, and within 10 minutes I was revived!

Top Bottom