Chicago Ukulele Festival?

CHUG was too busy to get a festival in this year. Look for us next year.

As far as George and Terry's Windy City Uke Fest, I've not heard one peep about it.

We have some good ideas but life got in the way. We are working on CHUGfest for next year though. If we can pull it off, it will make Chicago a destination uke fest.

Last year the Chicago Ukulele Cabaret fellows put together a one-day performance festival; I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again this summer.

Last year the Chicago Ukulele Cabaret fellows put together a one-day performance festival; I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again this summer.

CHUG was there. It was fun!

Just got a Facebook message from the Cabaret guys; Saturday, July 2 will be the second Great Midwest Ukefest. Expect another all-day series of performances at Chief O'Neill's on Elston. Details will be forthcoming in future weeks....

I'm in the Great Midwest Ukefest this year. My slot its from 8:20-8:45. None of my usual bands was available, so I'm getting together with and amalgam of people I've played with. Should be a blast.

Also, if you haven't seen the Heavy Boxes or the The Jeffrey Weisfeld Combo, you are missing out.

Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the one playing ukulele.

Yer Luvin',
Troy

I'm in the Great Midwest Ukefest this year. My slot its from 8:20-8:45. None of my usual bands was available, so I'm getting together with and amalgam of people I've played with. Should be a blast.

Also, if you haven't seen the Heavy Boxes or the The Jeffrey Weisfeld Combo, you are missing out.

Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the one playing ukulele.

Yer Luvin',
Troy

Heavy Boxes last year were very entertaining.

http://www.zvents.com/z/chicago-il/the-2nd-annual-great-midwest-ukefest--events--184231846

event details
Venue Phone: (773) 473-5263
Venue Website: Chief O'Neill's Pub website
Category: Other
Price: $10
Creator: BrownPaperTickets
Tickets: Buy Tickets
overview
Chicago Ukulele Cabaret Presents:
The 2nd Annual Great Midwest Ukefest!
From Traditional to Extreme and everything in-between
The Chicago Ukulele Cabaret will kick off-July 4th weekend with a 4-stringed bang at its 2nd Annual Festival. Part curated showcase and part open-mic, this all day fest expands the cabaret show, allowing everyone to participate while showcasing several of our regular acts in full sets.
As always, the show will offer something for everyone, from traditional players, to classical virtuosos, to full band and indie rock interpretations.
Building on the success of last year's outing, organizers this year are adding a morning show for kids featuring Little Miss Ann while doubling the open mic session in the afternoon. The curated evening portion will feature full sets from perennial cabaret favorites such as Lanialoha Lee, Heavy Boxes, Bone and Bell, Jeffrey Weisfeld Combo, and many more! In addition to 11 hours of live music the indoor/outdoor event will offer BBQ, Raffles, and much more!
proceeds to benefit The Intonation Music Workshop-a local non-profit organization providing band-based music education to children in Chicago's under-served neighborhoods
All are welcome to perform during our four hour open mic segment from 1:00-5:00 PM.
Interested acts for the open-mic should RSVP to ukechicago at gmail dot com

Top Bottom