New Strum Tests

pdxuke

Reaction score
I'm a strummer, and I think a good general test of a uke/string combination, or the sound of a uke in general, is strumming.

Many of you know I post strum tests of ukes in my collection, or of ukes that pass through my collection.

I've just posted a quick test of:

Kamaka Concert w/ Kamaka Strings
Ohana sk38 w/ Martin 600s
Kiwaya KTS4 w/ Martin 600s

http://soundcloud.com/pdxuke/sets/uke-sound-tests-1/

Enjoy.

Aloha Thom,
Yes I believe too that strumming is the best test....and thank you for posting your different ukes for comparison and reviews...thanks for sharing...anyone else who wants to too would be nice and also share
with all of us....would benefit all of us, if you contribute too...Happy Strummings...Good Idea and post...MM Stan...

Hmmm, can never get soundcloud to work for me, I wonder if it's my old XP, AOL, or both?
I was really looking forward to this test.

every time I hear a sound sample of a Kamaka Concert I grow more and more sure of what my next uke will be ^.^ no uncertainty now. Thanks for sharing!! *incoherent mumbling about making money faster*

The Kamaka strings sounded great!

Okay, I'll play too. Here are my Kamaka strum samples - standard soprano and concert high G both strung with Aquilas, and concert low G strung with Fremonts.

Ohh you people are trying to make me jealous ;) beautiful!!! the sound difference between the soprano and the concert is astounding, even my mom (who normally only responds with "I cant tell a difference") pointed out that the concert was fuller sounding. -sigh- just a couple more months...

the sound difference between the soprano and the concert is astounding, even my mom (who normally only responds with "I cant tell a difference") pointed out that the concert was fuller sounding. -sigh- just a couple more months...

You definitely want the concert, not the soprano, if that's the sound you like. I put concert Aquilas on the soprano last night, and it sounds better than ever, but I still prefer the concert, both in terms of sound and playability.

You definitely want the concert, not the soprano, if that's the sound you like. I put concert Aquilas on the soprano last night, and it sounds better than ever, but I still prefer the concert, both in terms of sound and playability.

definitely! these sound tests just confirm it ^.^ I'm in love with the looks and the sound. so now to actually get my hands on one... anybody in the market for a kidney?

The Kamaka strings sounded great!

Okay, I'll play too. Here are my Kamaka strum samples - standard soprano and concert high G both strung with Aquilas, and concert low G strung with Fremonts.
Aloha Janeray1940,
Many thanks for the comparisons....I personally like the concert low G....these side by side comparisons will help benefit ukers choose their next uke...MM Stan

Top Bottom