PDA

View Full Version : Found the coolest lil steelstring uke like contraption...

tjomball
03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Ever heard of Gakken Electronics?
They make some entertaining DIY kits.
Well I found what they call a DIY Mini Electric guitar.
It's a four stringed one and it looks like it's around tenor scale. Kinda hard to see from the video attached. But it looks like a fun little addition to my ever growing stable of instruments. I may have to get one after I get my Eleuke Peanut.
Damned UAS.. :D

Anyhoo heres the link for the lil bugger..

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.no/DIY-Mini-Electric-Guitar-Gakken-Otona-no-Kagaku-Mook-26/160464382652/item

So whaddaya think? Should I or shouldn't I?

dkcrown
03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Don't want to rain on your parade, but it sounds like noise to my ear. Not my cup of tea.

OldePhart
03-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Oh! Goodness, that is rather annoying! All it needs is fingernails on a blackboard for accompaniment! It might be okay through a decent amp but the built in amp and speaker are...echh, I run out of words.

Joeythegrape
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't. I did a bit of googling and:

It's a toy.

A single wound pickup (brutal interference), apperently lousy to keep in tune, and the sound isn't great.

Also It looks to be soprano scale.

KevinV
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Not my cup of tea, but if it piques your interest...that's all that matters. Have fun with it.

mm stan
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Aloha tjomball,
Everyone has different preferences...if you like it ...that's cool ..have fun and enjoy....some may not like some of my ukes too....
I noticed that it is very high pitched...like a Japanese shamisen...I would need to get used to it first....for me, I gotta get into it I suppose first..
What do I know...hell if you like it....does anything else really matter??? have fun and enjoy....Happy Strummings, Stan..
Listen to this guy, he makes the shamisen sound good..A/C D/C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hrs9a_eEWg

TCK
03-21-2011, 07:00 PM
16.4 inches of ANNOYING- and that is from a guy who has listened to punk rock for 25 years....