New uke day! - LoPrinzi Tenor

Gmoney

Reaction score
Bought a used LoPrinzi Mahogany Tenor style "A" off of Atlanta Craigslist. (Thanks SweetWaterBlue for the tip!)

SO sweet! Its currently strung & tuned in Baritone tuning, so I will be swapping the strings out in the next day or so, but dang, this is a sweet uke! I've been eyeing LoPrinzi's for a while now since I've played a few that Uke Republic has brought to our ATL jams & it is at least as good a uke as I expected. Actually, its clearly in the same league as my "K" brand ukes. Here's a few photos & once I swap the strings out for whatever I have on hand or buy, I'll try to post a video or at least a soundfile.

WP_000476.jpgWP_000475.jpgWP_000474.jpgWP_000484.jpgWP_000483.jpg

Bought a used LoPrinzi Mahogany Tenor style "A" off of Atlanta Craigslist. (Thanks SweetWaterBlue for the tip!)

SO sweet! Its currently strung & tuned in Baritone tuning, so I will be swapping the strings out in the next day or so, but dang, this is a sweet uke! I've been eyeing LoPrinzi's for a while now since I've played a few that Uke Republic has brought to our ATL jams & it is at least as good a uke as I expected. Actually, its clearly in the same league as my "K" brand ukes. Here's a few photos & once I swap the strings out for whatever I have on hand or buy, I'll try to post a video or at least a soundfile.

View attachment 21820View attachment 21821View attachment 21822View attachment 21823View attachment 21824

Lucky dude! Thats a gorgeous uke!!

You got a bargain fo sho! Looks great

Now you got to help me pick the strings I need to put on it! I have Aquila's at home & a set of Worth clears in the case w/it, but I think it maybe needs D'Addario Pro Arte's or T2's. Got any suggestions?

Awesome Glenn. Wooooo-Hoooooo!!! What a bargain mate. Looks like it's in brilliant condition too. As for the strings, not sure...maybe Worth Browns. Anyway, congratulations on a great score! Rapt for you! :)

Aloha Glenn,
Awesome score....none better deserving guy man....and I mean it!!!!Congratulations...Happy Strummings..MM Stan..

I'll bring a gaggle of strings for tomorrow night's Java Jam along with some LoPrinzi fingerboard treatment.It would only be right.Stock strings for LoPrinzi are Aquila but of course other strings sound great too.
Now you got to help me pick the strings I need to put on it! I have Aquila's at home & a set of Worth clears in the case w/it, but I think it maybe needs D'Addario Pro Arte's or T2's. Got any suggestions?

I think the worth browns sound great on my mahogany Kiwaya, and have used them on Martins, so they should sound good on your Loprinzi. congrats on your purchase!

Sweet uke. I have always wanted a nice hog uke. I am very eager to hear the sound clips. Pardon my ignorance but is that particular uke a hand made uke? How is the weight in comparison to your K brand ukes?

Congrats, you can't go wrong with LoPrinzi. I'm forever fascinated with mine.

LoPrinzi's are definitely sweet!
My favorite ukes!

Congrats! Seeing that deal made me wish I needed another tenor. Glad a UU'er got'er.

Top Bottom