I took class with Aldrine...

DigableKid

Reaction score
I sure did! And this guy was a dope teacher. Too bad I ended up taking a beginners class instead of the advanced class=). But it's all good; Ibhadbfun regardless. Aldrine, Aaron and Ryan were down to earth. I hope S.D. and all the Oceanside heads rep'd it and made them feel welcomed. Hope you felt at home too. There sure were alot of islanders there; Hawaiians, Filipinos, Hamos. It was a very diversed crowd. Please consider making another trip to So. Cal to teach again. I'm sure you see alot of the same people that came.

Thanks again Ukulele Underground!

Payce,
Digablekid

P.S. Support the underground artists...

Read post #9 of this thread
ricdoug said:
Many here are anxious to know what was on the "menu" for the workshop. Here it is:
Beginners

1. It started out Aldrine Guerrero giving background on himself and the band.
2. History , tuning and descriptions of various ukulele sizes
3. Strumming, strumming patterns, wrist and finger technique, and "The Chunk". Many strum patterns were practiced and examples of their use in popular music were demonstrated
4. We learned Wipeout, with several chord variations, along with the strum patterns and the lead. The room was divided into two sections where each side played rythym, while the other side played lead. We were taught how to read "Tab"
5. We closed with thanks from the Ukulele Underground, for attending (AND we thanked them!), along with some info on navigating the Ukulele Underground website. Then questions and answers were filmed for "Uke Got Mail!".

Intermediate and Advanced

1. It started out Aldrine Guerrero giving background on himself and the band
2. Strings were discussed, in depth. Brands, experimentation, tension and changing
3. How to change tone, by attacks, nails, picks and volume, with demos of popular tunes
4. How to "Phrase" the ukulele, with demos of popular tunes
5. Advanced strumming techniques, involving finger rolls, triplets and rythym patterns
6. The muted octave strum and how to mobilize it across the scale
7. We learned "Let's Get it On", with chords, scales and improvisation
8. We closed with thanks from the Ukulele Underground, for attending (AND we thanked them!), along with some info on navigating the Ukulele Underground website. Then questions and answers were filmed for "Uke Got Mail!".

i would like to get a teacher for learning the ukulele, but would love getting lessons from Aldrine...

is there a way to take this class online?

This was basically a workshop/seminar while they were in Cali, and it was only done in SD. As far as online classes, that will probably be the discretion of the UU staff. As you know, Ukulele Minutes is currently their online tutorial.

I like the uke minutes deal, it's fast and to the point, and you can go back and review any time. I've got a short attention span, so it works well for me -- gotta go, i think i see something shiny . . .

Top Bottom