Special Delivery...Part II

H

Hippie Dribble

here's the guts: I received a uke in yesterday's mail, a beautiful Blackstripe Walnut tenor from Gordon and Char at Mya Moe and Aaron Keim at Beansprout.

It's unbelievably gorgeous and has the sweetest, richest tone. I'm totally stoked and now going to sell some other ukes as I have settled on the handful which are gonna get played.

Anyway, body is solid walnut, mahogany neck, radiused ebony fretboard, strung with hi-G worth clears and has the ebony/ maple mya moe headstock design. It is so smooth to play and light as a feather. Awesome on every front.

Here's some pictures... (and thanks for taking a look :) )

DSCF6349.jpgDSCF6346.jpgDSCF6345.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6348.jpg
    DSCF6348.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF6351.jpg
    DSCF6351.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 64
I am such a sucker for walnut- that is the prettiest thing I have ever seen Eugene. I LOVE how they found a chunk of rosewood for the fingerboard with the same striping- total class there!
Patiently awaiting her Youtube debut :)
Is it a collaborative effort? A MyaSprout? Little unclear in your post

DSCF6347.jpg

and a nice one of the back which I forgot to throw in.

It's so beautiful I'm beside myself, but now starting the tough job of selecting a couple to let go. (just tryin to keep one step ahead of the divorce lawyer :eek: )

hey Dave. Yeah, it's a new line Mya Moe have released under the "Blackstripe" title. These ukes are essentially Mya Moe's but built in collaboration with Aaron Keim from Beansprout. Basically, they'll be ukes that go up on the Mya Moe website from time to time without warning...first in best dressed type of deal. And instead of their usual maple inlay on the bottom, these ones will have a black stripe - hence the name.

I just got lucky on this one: I read a thread from a fellow UUer about how stoked he was to grab a mya moe direct off the website. So I went straight over for a look-see and saw the walnut tenor was the only one left. Grabbed it there and then. Pretty sure the fretboard is ebony Dave...

I'm blown away both by how it sounds and how incredible it is to look at. My new favorite uke!!! Cheers mate! :)

Simply beautiful. Enjoy!

I have soiled myself

Bongo drums and vinyl LPs?:eek:ld:

Somehow, it makes your rampant and blatant case of UAS maybe more palatable...

Yeah, I'm green eyed with jealousy...look to the east and you'll see the glow of my resentment coming over the mountains.:rofl:

What's going on the market, then?:drool:

Aloha Eugene,
First you amaze us with your talent and now all these beautiful ukes...you sure a lucky guy....I'm compltely awwed and soo jealous...thanks for sharing and Happy Strummings Mate...MM Stan I want a walnut one too..:drool::iwant::wallbash::cheers: with all your talent, you deserve one!!

That is absolutely wonderful. I didn't have such a bad case of UAS until I started seeing all these gorgeous ukes.

That is a beautiful uke. I like the ebony and maple (?) headstock too.

hey Ronnie,

sorry for the confusion, it's the faceplate not the whole head that is ebony and maple. you can see it from the side-on shot.

Bongo drums and vinyl LPs?:eek:ld:

Somehow, it makes your rampant and blatant case of UAS maybe more palatable...

Yeah, I'm green eyed with jealousy...look to the east and you'll see the glow of my resentment coming over the mountains.:rofl:

What's going on the market, then?:drool:

on the market I've got two definites: a concert Pono deluxe model PKC-2, solid koa and full gloss finish + bling, and a vintage (40's) mango mauna loa soprano...for starters.

Such a sweet uke, congrats! Makes me sad that I had to cancel my tenor order with them late last year. It would have been completed this month. Oh well maybe I'll try again somewhere down the line.

:drool: Someone hand me some UAS meds, that is one beautiful Uke and I am extremely jealous! But as others have said, with your talent, you need a high end instrument, maybe in a couple of years I can justify that!

:drool:

:music: sound sample?

Man, that's one beautiful uke - you'll be making sweet music together!
Hold up, you posted this 5 hours ago- shouldn't the first video be up by now? ;)

he he...you know me too well Gavin! I would have done something by now, but in truth, it hasn't stopped raining here this afternoon and tonight ( and hard). we have a tin roof over both our studio and house and the air is full of the sound of rain falling. I'll put something up with the new uke as soon as I can mate. Cheers!

Yep Joey, I'll put a clip on the youtube thing ASAP buddy. Thanks for the comment mate. Hope you're well too. :)

Yeah you can't post this and not post a video. Those are the rules! :)

Congrats, and thanks for making my wait for October that much harder!

Congrats Jon, I got mine as well a couple days ago and am as impressed with it as you are. I love how light the build is. Strum it in good health.

Congrats on the beautiful uke - it is a really nice dark walnut. Enjoy!

Top Bottom