WTB: Ohana SK-25Z

Pancake

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying very hard to find someone in the US who is selling the Ohana SK-25Z zebrawood ukulele. Every US website that I've been to is sold out. I could buy from the UK, but it looks like I would end up paying about $60 more than what it's being sold in the US. If anybody knows of where I can get this uke, please let me know. Thanks!

Ali

Where do you live? If you live in the US, there are big shipping costs buying from the UK. If you live in the UK, you will have to pay shipping + 20% VAT + other fees if you buy from the US.

I have just had a look at the first two websites that cames to mind:

Uke Republic have it for $160

Southern Ukulele Store have it for £119

That is about the same price.

Last edited:
I live in the US. Yeah, I was looking at shipping costs from the UK to the US and it's outrageous. I went and checked Uke Republic and the website said they were selling for $148, but it's sold out. That's the problem--every US store seems to be out of them. I'm almost desperate enough to buy from the UK, even though it would end up costing over $200 after shipping.

I live in the US. Yeah, I was looking at shipping costs from the UK to the US and it's outrageous. I went and checked Uke Republic and the website said they were selling for $148, but it's sold out. That's the problem--every US store seems to be out of them. I'm almost desperate enough to buy from the UK, even though it would end up costing over $200 after shipping.

Go to our website (www.ohana-music.com) and check out the list of US dealers. One of them must have it in stock.

This model was introduced early in 2009 and has been incredibly popular ever since. That may be why some stores are out of stock.

I went through every dealer that had a website, looking for ones that had online stores, but with no luck.

So I went through the sites again and decided to just start emailing them all and I got through about 10 when one emailed me back and said they had one left. PHEW. Thanks so much for helping me, Ken.

You're gonna love the Ohana zebrawood. Beautiful tone from these beauties. But I do recommend changing the strings to Worths Brown Mediums, they really suit this uke more than the Aquilas.

Thanks, I was trying to decide whether to switch them to worth browns or leave them on aquilas.

Personally, I like the aquilas on mine. Zebrawood tends to impart a loud, bright tone, and I find the aquilas really accentuate that. However, if you're not a fan of a bright uke, you might want to try different strings.

Zebrawood is really undervalued as a tone wood, IMHO. I used to own a zebrawood guitar, and currently own a zebrawood mandolin and uke. Zebrawood has acoustic properties similar to other very hard woods like maple, and even inexpensive zebrawood instruments tend to have very attractive figure to the wood. I think the Ohana is the best value in a sub-$200 uke out there.

Top Bottom