Is it still possible to watch "KoAloha Ukulele Story"?

funnyguy0804

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I pretty new to the ukulele, and started playing a little more than half a year ago.
While getting to know about the ukulele, I starting noticing ukulele brands such as Kamaka, Kanile'a, KoAliha, Kala and lots more! It really blows my head of when looking at new ukes and the story behind them.
I was lucky to be able to watch the Kamaka film "Heart Strings" recently, and then noticed that a few years ago there was also a film for KoAloha, "The KoAloha Ukulele Story".
I tried Google-ing for the film but couldn't find any possible videos.
I'd be really happy to watch that film, so was wondering if anyone could help out?

Thanks for all the help! :)

sorry Charlie

can't help you with the KoAloha documentary, but very interested to know how and where you came across the Kamaka "Heart Strings" documentary. I've tried a few times to get a copy but unable to track one down.

sorry Charlie

can't help you with the KoAloha documentary, but very interested to know how and where you came across the Kamaka "Heart Strings" documentary. I've tried a few times to get a copy but unable to track one down.

I was looking through some posts in UU and came up to find this one:
How-to-watch-quot-Heart-Strings-quot-outside-the-US
I live in Taiwan, and sent a PM to chiefnoda. That's how I managed to watch "Heart Strings" :) I guess those who are intrested should give it a try.

So true! I've been looking for both as well. Does anyone know if they have been produced onto DVD? I've searched everywhere to no avail, but then again I may not have searched the right spots.

I posted the question via their blog comments at http://koaloha.blogspot.com/. It's moderated, so the post is not viewable atm. Doesn't look like they've posted since the 2009 showing of the documentary. hmmm...

We hosted the internet premier of the koaloha story and streamed it live on UU a few years back. Let me check with Alan and see if we can show it again, since we still have the file.

That would be great because I would like to see it too.
Well me being the Loon that I am, I thought it was a new release this year 2011 because I hadn't heard about it before and I saw that the premier was going to be on this site. cool, after finding a link on Ukulele underground So the appointed day arrives in april, and when it was time to watch it, nothing happens err, then I looked at the date, it was released in 2009. well I felt daft.
So if you do plan on rereleasing it that would be great.

We hosted the internet premier of the koaloha story and streamed it live on UU a few years back. Let me check with Alan and see if we can show it again, since we still have the file.
facebook_like_button_big.jpg

People in the San Jose California area can see this film followed by a concert by Herb "Ohta-san" Ohta, Herb Ohta, Jr., and Na Hoku Hanohano award winning vocalist Tony Conjugacion, with guests Nando Suan, Jon Yamasato, Rodney Takahashi and Ipo Tonaki this Friday (May 6) evening at the Evergreen Valley College Performing Arts Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Here's more information: http://www.zvents.com/z/san-jose-ca/the-koaloha-story-----concert--herb---ohta-san---ohta--herb-ohta-jr-tony-conjugacion--events--173699125

That would be awesome Rayan! Thank you for checking on this for us...

Kamaka Heart Strings outside US

I live in Taiwan, and sent a PM to chiefnoda. That's how I managed to watch "Heart Strings" :) I guess those who are interested should give it a try.

Yup, contact me via PM, and we go from there

Happy Pickin
Chief

People in the San Jose California area can see this film followed by a concert by Herb "Ohta-san" Ohta, Herb Ohta, Jr., and Na Hoku Hanohano award winning vocalist Tony Conjugacion, with guests Nando Suan, Jon Yamasato, Rodney Takahashi and Ipo Tonaki this Friday (May 6) evening at the Evergreen Valley College Performing Arts Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Here's more information: http://www.zvents.com/z/san-jose-ca/the-koaloha-story-----concert--herb---ohta-san---ohta--herb-ohta-jr-tony-conjugacion--events--173699125

Oh, thank you for posting that mds, I'm going to try to make it too!

I desperately want to go to this -- apparently there will be KoAloha ukes there to test drive! -- but I'' already committed to the Giants game, and it's Willie Mays replica statue giveaway night. Sigh.

Thanks Ryan!! Hoping to see it!! :)

According to Smiley Kai, owner of the Ukulele Source, KoAloha is giving away a soprano and concert uke in a drawing. Everyone who attends the concert is eligible.

Top Bottom