PDA

View Full Version : Every Day is New Uke Day (for someone so it seems)!

hopkid
03-23-2011, 03:25 AM
And today (or rather yesterday) is mine! I won an auction for a Kamaka Pineapple on ebay and was bummed that it didn't arrive last Tuesday prior to a 5-day trip to San Francisco. That meant that my pineapple would sit in the post office with the rest of our held mail for the duration. It arrived in a beat-to-hell cardboard box yesterday and I feared the worst. Thankfully the case and bundles of bubble wrap inside protected the pineapple. I immediately restrung it (I'm a lefty) and it is really fun to play.

I think my UAS has been quelled for now. Sigh.

Gmoney
03-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Was watching that one - VERY NICE! I bought one about the same age a month or so ago, but since it had a few prominent cracks, I sent it to Kamaka for repair. Yours is a beauty! Congratulations!

hopkid
03-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Thanks, Gmoney! What age do you reckon this one is? The ebay description didn't mention it as I recall. And as described you can feel the seam on the back that goes down the middle but I can live with that.

Say, can you see the images in my OP or did you go to my profile album? All I see are the boxes with a red x. I'm still trying to figure out this image embed thing.

camferg
03-23-2011, 03:41 AM
The postal service can be so brutal, they should have know you were waiting on a highly anticipated Ukulele! To hell with em!

mm stan
03-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Aloha Hopkid,
Congratulations on your Kamaka Pineapple ukulele, TG it came to you safe and sound...Have fun and enjoy..happy strummings...do you have pictures..Thanks for sharing...MM Stan

hopkid
03-23-2011, 06:06 AM
I do have images but I'm not being very successful at including them in my posts. I've edited by OP using a different method. It's not the most efficient way but at least you can get to the photos.

RyanMFT
03-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Very, very nice....ENJOY!

dkcrown
03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Congrats hopkid. I love the simplicity of that old bridge.