PDA

View Full Version : Rude man on YouTube has left me cross!

raecarter
03-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Check out this screen shot http://db.tt/xYKZXDn was there any need for his comments! I do not profess to being a superstar and if he took the time to read about me he will see that I record everything in one take warts and all! Wow im cross why aren't people like this?

camferg
03-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Check out this screen shot http://db.tt/xYKZXDn was there any need for his comments! I do not profess to being a superstar and if he took the time to read about me he will see that I record everything in one take warts and all! Wow im cross why aren't people like this?

wow man, that's brutal. there's always going to be people out there who will just try to bring you down... keep on strummin' away brotha, and shake those "haters" off to the way side!

raecarter
03-23-2011, 04:14 AM
wow man, that's brutal. there's always going to be people out there who will just try to bring you down... keep on strummin' away brotha, and shake those "haters" off to the way side!I'm not normally bothered but he clearly isn't a nice man and has trawled youtube picking holes he had a video up singing which I'm sure I could have criticised but thats note me. He must have been worried about that though as he has pulled it now

hoosierhiver
03-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Usually if you check the channel of a person like that, you'll find they don't have anything to offer. They are typically boring miserable people that aren't in the least bit interesting.

philpot
03-23-2011, 04:33 AM
What I find is the majority of the time, those who flame others youtube videos have no actual talent themselves, and are reduced to staring at a screen all day, drooling and consuming potato chips whilst relentlessly throwing unneeded and mostly wrong criticisms at people they wish they could be like. Take it in stride, if you gain a following of haters you become famous. Look at Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber!!

(keep your eyes peeled, I have a reply comment coming for that guy ;) )

philpot
03-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Annnnd here was my response comment...

"@jamiebrereton21 Look at your comment, now look back at the others, now look at your comment, now at the others again. Sadly, your comment isn't like the others, but if you stopped criticizing others and switched to using intelligence, you could seem like you have an actual opinion. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a website flaming a video you wish YOUR videos could be like! Whats that in your hand? now its in mine! its common sense. That thing you lack."

fitncrafty
03-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Rae I am sorry to see this, I agree with others that they probably don't have any talent and are trying to make themselves feel better! I realize that everyone isn't going to like all styles of music or all players voices etc.. but I find NO reason to be rude and hurtful about it. Just move on and not visit others videos.
It's exactly why the few videos I make are completely private, I am too sensitive to be found by people like that. I admire all of you that put your videos out there for all to see, it takes so much courage.
Rae you are very talented and have improved leaps and bounds since I joined UU in August.. don't stop sharing with us! More of us enjoy your music and I for one look forward to hearing about your gigs and seeing a new video pop up on my you tube! Hang in there!

raecarter
03-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Ha thanks for your support I know it's mad that I'm annoyed but he had a Bruno Mars singing cover on and he's pulled it now incase I critised him

raecarter
03-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Rae I am sorry to see this, I agree with others that they probably don't have any talent and are trying to make themselves feel better! I realize that everyone isn't going to like all styles of music or all players voices etc.. but I find NO reason to be rude and hurtful about it. Just move on and not visit others videos.
It's exactly why the few videos I make are completely private, I am too sensitive to be found by people like that. I admire all of you that put your videos out there for all to see, it takes so much courage.
Rae you are very talented and have improved leaps and bounds since I joined UU in August.. don't stop sharing with us! More of us enjoy your music and I for one look forward to hearing about your gigs and seeing a new video pop up on my you tube! Hang in there!

Thank you x

nscafe
03-23-2011, 04:43 AM

"@jamiebrereton21 Look at your comment, now look back at the others, now look at your comment, now at the others again. Sadly, your comment isn't like the others, but if you stopped criticizing others and switched to using intelligence, you could seem like you have an actual opinion. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a website flaming a video you wish YOUR videos could be like! Whats that in your hand? now its in mine! its common sense. That thing you lack."

Awesome...

Ambient Doughnut
03-23-2011, 04:51 AM
He sounds like a dick. Better not to rise to it - delete his comment, move on.

NatalieS
03-23-2011, 04:56 AM
Some people are quick to write scathing comments while on the safety of their computers, where they don't have to actually face the person they're criticizing. I've seen every type of video/performance criticized, even amazing performances. Those people are writing just to see if they can ruin someone's day. I'm over it. Just ignore him and eventually he'll crawl back into his hole. :)

Rzr
03-23-2011, 05:07 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Remove his post and forget he ever made it. Even if he still had his vid up much better not to sink to his level. Have a great one!

raecarter
03-23-2011, 05:34 AM
I didn't know I could remove comments i've done it now

molokinirum
03-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Usually if you check the channel of a person like that, you'll find they don't have anything to offer. They are typically boring miserable people that aren't in the least bit interesting.

+1!!!! I liked it...screw him!!!

SailingUke
03-23-2011, 05:44 AM
I would not take it too personally, I would probably be upset myself and feel like you.
My experience is most flammers are jerks and have no real life.
Keep playing and singing and have FUN, do songs your way.
To me it does not really matter how good someone plays or sings, it is their enjoyment.
We can't all hit a golf ball like Jack or Arnie, but millions of folks get out and hack away anyway.

molokinirum
03-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Yes Mike is correct! I went to the idiots channel and he has no uploaded videos and only 1 person subscribed to his useless channel.
I would just delete his comments like you already did and keep on keeping on!!!!

greenway
03-23-2011, 05:52 AM
If you have haters you're doing something right haha.

Also, I like your Eye of the Tiger!

raecarter
03-23-2011, 05:52 AM
I would not take it too personally, I would probably be upset myself and feel like you.
My experience is most flammers are jerks and have no real life.
Keep playing and singing and have FUN, do songs your way.
To me it does not really matter how good someone plays or sings, it is their enjoyment.
We can't all hit a golf ball like Jack or Arnie, but millions of folks get out and hack away anyway.

That's a great analogy

SailingUke
03-23-2011, 05:55 AM
I forgot to add this:
He can't throw rotten eggs at you on you tube. (or at least hit you)

hmgberg
03-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Don't let him rain on your parade. You'll find critics everywhere. A lot of them feel a great sense of self-importance, most of it unwarranted. As Mike says, they usually don't have anything to offer the world...other than their opinions about someone else. Tedious.

chiefnoda
03-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi

When I post my video clips on YouTube, I select "Allow friends' comments automatically, all others with approval only". You can do this by

go to My Videos

click on "EDIT" on a video clip

On the new window, look left side and scroll down for "Sharing Option"

Any comments made on your video will be forwarded to your e-mail account for approval. It's cumbersome but I do not want any profanities (negative comments are OK by me)

Cheers
Chief

pat rock
03-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Great suggestion Chief! Thanks for that.

haolejohn
03-23-2011, 06:19 AM

he has won. He has gotten you all cross and flush.

Repeat after me:
Macdonalds will still open tomorrow and I can still get a breakfast burrito.

People are like that. I would personally thank him for his comment. He expects you to react in a negative manner. instead react positively.

potatowaste
03-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Someone should have told him to watch your Empire State Of Mind video because it was an amazing one take.
I was the 5th to give it a thumbs up and also sent you a friend request.
Keep playin' mate, down with the hate.

russ_buss
03-23-2011, 06:33 AM

Repeat after me:

People are like that. I would personally thank him for his comment. He expects you to react in a negative manner. instead react positively.

exactly what John said. if you're pissed, then that commenter has won. if you draw more attention to it and bring in others to defend you, he's won even more. just ignore the comment and move on. i get nasty comments all the time. i usually don't delete them unless they are racist in nature. people are entitled to their opinions on whether or not my videos suck. that's youtube for ya!

pat rock
03-23-2011, 06:57 AM
HA! THE BREAKFAST BURRITO MANTRA! That is hilarious!

Nickie
03-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Well, as country folk are so fond of saying: Don't pay him no never mind.
He's just jealous.

PrestonM
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
It takes a hell of alot of guts,( more then I have) to put yourself out there for the world to see you perform, you deserve my respect not the guy who prob. still lives in his moms basement

UKISOCIETY
03-23-2011, 08:10 AM

Repeat after me:

The Salad Shaker and the McDLT, however, are gone forever, alas. And what about the Shamrock Shake?!! :(

UKISOCIETY
03-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Hey, if you're getting comments from Deach, you're one up on me.

SweetWaterBlue
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
The Salad Shaker and the McDLT, however, are gone forever, alas. And what about the Shamrock Shake?!! :(

Unfortunately, they brought back the McRib for awhile last year. I had hoped it would rest in peace.

mds725
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
I was going to add my two cents but others, and especially Mike and Natalie, have said what I planned to say much better than I would have said it.

For what it's worth, I've always ejoyed your YouTube videos. Anyway, YouTube isn't Sony Records. It's a place where I go to watch regular people, some with extraordinary talent, share their passion for whatever music it is they play. It's the "warts and all" that makes YouTube good.

raecarter
03-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone I'm chilled now I may do another video tomorrow I'm certainly fine with criticism but constructive in a pleasant manner.

hoosierhiver
03-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone I'm chilled now I may do another video tomorrow I'm certainly fine with criticism but constructive in a pleasant manner.

Make it a dedication to your "new fan". ;)

PhilUSAFRet
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Jamiebrereton21 has no postings on YouTube. I've seen a few replies on YouTube that could only have been made by punk teens or stoner losers. This guy is probably one of them. Screw'em.

Phantasm
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Well, y'know, people are rude. Added to that, Youtube is the scourge of the internet (well, maybe after Yahoo answers) and every type of video gets flamed. I got told to kill myself for a video I made. So honestly, what does it matter? Accept there'll be some haters and keep crankin' out the music :)

Ukulele JJ
03-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Added to that, Youtube is the scourge of the internet (well, maybe after Yahoo answers) and every type of video gets flamed.

Heh, heh... reminds me of this xkcd strip (http://xkcd.com/481/):

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/listen_to_yourself.png

But you know what? That's how it goes. You can't please everybody, and there are always going to be people who express their thoughts in a less-than-tactfull fashion, shall we say. It's all part of putting yourself out there, whether it's YouTube, or a stage, or a streetcorner.

A musician must develop many skills in their artistic journey. Dealing with people who don't like what you're doing (and who then proceed to tell you!) is one of those skills.

JJ

Phantasm
03-23-2011, 11:43 AM
^ If only someone would do that :D

jet86
03-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Actually, YouTube DID implement this after they saw the XKCD strip (The YouTube developers obviously have a healthy sense of humour). It was available as an optional button when you posted a comment for a while. It doesn't look like it's still there though.

As for your comment maker - he has posted on his channel "Has just bought an Ukulele and I am going to be teaching myself to play, I have no musical background other than singing so will take me a few months to get my head round it, but once I have I'l be uploading my progress so fingers cross you'll see me soon =)"

Sad that he would then be flaming a fellow uker.

Plainsong
03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
This is why I haven't yet posted a youtube vid. I know I suck and I don't need random trolls telling me that.

(Not that YOU suck. I think for the troll in question there are two possibilities. One: He's just a troll, for tha lulz. Two: He's getting a new uke, he wants to use youtube to get a sneak peak of his incoming baby, and all he hears is people singing over it annoyingly. And for not reading his mind, you must be flamed.)

OldePhart
03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
The best thing you can do is ignore trolls like that completely. Don't even delete his post (well, I would delete posts that include profanity or other non-family-friendly type stuff). Let the world see what an idiot he is - that's the best revenge!

John

Hippie Dribble
03-23-2011, 01:23 PM

+1 Rae. Here! Here! Carrie said it better than I could have mate. We're with you brother. I love your left field covers, your playing and your passion.

If anyone wants a real treat today, check out this: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?44165-We-live-and-die-in-these-towns-cover-on-my-mainland-tenor-tuned-down-to-baritone

Hippie Dribble
03-23-2011, 01:30 PM

Most excellent work, sir!

:rofl::biglaugh:

gioconbrio
03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
I used to get all worked up over just plain stupid and derogatory comments in my early youtube days. But I soon realized that the kind of responses I would like to give would reflect poorly on me and I didn't want to be responsible for spitting more negativity out into the web. Now it's just block and delete. As of today I have 439 blocked users. Hope that gives you a little perspective.

philpot
03-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Most excellent work, sir!

:rofl::biglaugh:

Thank you, thank you very much ;)

He replied, with an even more hateful comment. I'm beating him down without acting angry, so hopefully he'll stop when he realizes he's failing at trollin'... poor dude. probably still lives in his moms basement, with no friends except a video game console and a 7 year old computer loaded with... viruses... yeah, lets go with viruses...

Ukuleleblues
03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Don't let it bother you there are lots of haters out there. Uke on Dudes and Dudettes!!!

Plainsong
03-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Man I thought from the troll's comments that certainly there must be something horrible in this vid. Nope, just a guy who made a choice about diction in his vocals that didn't ruin anything or make the song suck or .. anything. You sound fine rae. The more he follows you around, the more he must secretly love you. Aw, it's so romantic. ;)

Ukuleleblues
03-23-2011, 03:10 PM
.....The more he follows you around, the more he must secretly love you. Aw, it's so romantic. ;)Thats scary creepy!!!:D Well....you can never have too many friends.

hungry4adobo
03-23-2011, 03:18 PM
That there is what I call a Troll. Just Ignore it. Be the Better Youtuber or Man. Because in the end, they are probably jeolous of how you can play the ukulele.

philpot
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
That there is what I call a Troll. Just Ignore it. Be the Better Youtuber or Man. Because in the end, they are probably jeolous of how you can play the ukulele.

OT: I like the signature ;) great idea ;) running fund trackers are so much fun ^.^

Uncle Leroy
03-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I am guessing he didn't get a judging spot on American Idol so he may be a little bitter.

schubs
03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/S_5IHGcf5II/AAAAAAABSjk/9PsNThMctCM/s1600/Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

austin1
03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Meh. As soon as you get your hackles up, he´s won the game. And if you stoop to his level, he´s won twice. Ignore and be a happier man for it! When you get into fights with anonymous youtubers, the only thing you win is negative twelve hours of your life. Take it as a compliment, now you´re a real youtuber!

equiplay
03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I have uploaded over 1000 videos of various amateur performers, including myself, over the years. The majority are met with encouraging comments and sometimes constructive criticism.
Every now and again you do get an insulting and irrational comment from one of these sad losers, who invariably have nothing to offer themselves, but get their kicks from flaming others to provoke a reaction.
Just block the user, remove the insulting comment and move on.
The one thing they hate is to be ignored.

jet86
03-24-2011, 10:27 AM
anonymous youtubers

No one is anonymous on the internet, despite what they may think. This guy's dumb enough to use his real name - you could find out a lot about him if you wanted to:

EDIT: LINK TO PERSONAL FACEBOOK REMOVED
Please do not post anyone's personal information. Thanks - seeso.

I bet he doesn't realise that.

But yes, you're probably just best to ignore him. And as others have said, take it as a compliment. Artists are meant to evoke emotional responses from their audiences, right? Even if they are rude and illogical.

seeso
03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
They just want to get you upset, so don't get upset. YouTube is filled with people like that. I could fill a pickup truck with every bad comment I've ever had.

Plainsong
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
And hey he's a fan of Chris Brown so you know he's a real catch for the ladies!

OldePhart
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
No one is anonymous on the internet, despite what they may think. This guy's dumb enough to use his real name - you could find out a lot about him if you wanted to:

EDIT: LINK TO PERSONAL FACEBOOK REMOVED
Please do not post anyone's personal information. Thanks - seeso.

Actually, Rufus Tinkleman sounds like an alias. Quite a few people build up internet "personas" that they drag across several sites. I'm "OldePhart" on several sites, for example. Rufus Tinkleman is just too hilarious to be real. Of course, if he really did grow up with that name it could explain his obvious mental issues... LOL

jet86
03-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Actually, Rufus Tinkleman sounds like an alias. Quite a few people build up internet "personas" that they drag across several sites. I'm "OldePhart" on several sites, for example. Rufus Tinkleman is just too hilarious to be real. Of course, if he really did grow up with that name it could explain his obvious mental issues... LOL

His real name is EDIT: PERSONAL INFO REMOVED. Rufus Tinkleman is just his facebook profile link.

OldePhart
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
His real name is Jay Brereton. Rufus Tinkleman is just his facebook profile link.

Ahh, okay, I didn't follow the link. My bad. :)

jet86
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Ahh, okay, I didn't follow the link. My bad. :)

No worries - I realise looking back at my post now that it wasn't that clear what I meant :p

mendel
03-24-2011, 01:16 PM
He is clearly an imbecile. Don't pay attention to him!!!

Ron
03-24-2011, 04:17 PM
That sort of thing oes on all over the web.
When my friends get upset at comments I tell them "It's just some random internet guy. You don't know the. They don't know you. There is no point in even taking the time or energy considering their comment. Ignore it and them."

austin1
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
His real name is EDIT: PERSONAL INFO REMOVED. Rufus Tinkleman is just his facebook profile link.

Okay. Seriously. I dislike mean Youtube comments as much as the next person, but is any comment so bad as to warrant having the commenter´s name and information dragged out over a public forum? And I know, I know, he has it available on his page, but in my mind there´s a difference between linking to your facebook on your page, and having a stranger post your facebook to a forum thread that is decidedly unfriendly towards you. The latter just seems a little too much like internet bullying to me. There´s no need to encourage retaliation and anonymous hatemail. This forum has had problems with that in the past, especially in regards to contests. Don´t get carried away by the anonymity of the internet.

The guy was an idiot, he made a dumb comment, let´s get over it and move on. There´s no need to worry about it this obsessively. Is it helping anybody? No. Is it by any means worth it? No. All you´re doing is getting yourself all worked up. Live and let live!

whetu
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Okay. Seriously. I dislike mean Youtube comments as much as the next person, but is any comment so bad as to warrant having the commenter´s name and information dragged out over a public forum? And I know, I know, he has it available on his page, but in my mind there´s a difference between linking to your facebook on your page, and having a stranger post your facebook to a forum thread that is decidedly unfriendly towards you. The latter just seems a little too much like internet bullying to me. There´s no need to encourage retaliation and anonymous hatemail. This forum has had problems with that in the past, especially in regards to contests. Don´t get carried away by the anonymity of the internet.

The guy was an idiot, he made a dumb comment, let´s get over it and move on. There´s no need to worry about it this obsessively. Is it helping anybody? No. Is it by any means worth it? No. All you´re doing is getting yourself all worked up. Live and let live!

Seconded. If you want internet vengeance, take it to 4chan. Otherwise, ignore/don't feed the troll and he'll go away.

raecarter
03-24-2011, 11:52 PM

Hi all I'm from the uk so on a different time to you all. I was a bit worried you see someone had found info on him I certainly don't want anybody to harass him. I have forgotten About his comment now please can the references for his personal information be deleted? Thank you have a lovely day the sun is shining in england!

Rzr
03-25-2011, 06:13 AM
I think this thread has served it's purpose.

Info deleted and thread closed!

Oh, wait, I can't do that.

ichadwick
03-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Don't feed the trolls. Most of these comments come from young teens or even pre-teens with no talent, no skill, no imagination, and certainly no maturity, so they feel they have to crap on everyone else. Once they finish going through puberty they will probably find something better to do. Don't lose sleep over obnoxious children.

OldePhart
03-25-2011, 02:06 PM

I don't think it was the poster's intent to "invite retaliation" - I think he was just illustrating how easy it is to track back information on the web. It's something everyone should think about, honestly. Just about all employers check the web for every job candidate, now. I know I've personally turned thumbs down on several candidates over things found on the web in the past few years. In one case it was a guy whose only hobby seemed to be creation of animated porn demeaning to women, another illustrated that the "perfect" candidate we were looking at was falsifying a ten year period on his resume, and further research (all on the internet) revealed he'd been in prison for drug trafficking, etc.

This has really bitten me in the arse which is why I'm so aware of it. I have a last name that is fairly unusual in these parts and if you you google my first and last name and the region on the first google page is a federal case showing that "I" was convicted of securities fraud. In reality I've never had anything to do with that business but I do remember hearing the other guys ads on the radio when I first moved here. I didn't realize that when I was looking for a job back in the nineties and it took a long time for me to find a job. Later I realized why.

So, from my own experience it's kind of unfair to rely on internet searches - but the simple reality is that it's happening anyway.

John

austin1
03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't think it was the poster's intent to "invite retaliation" - I think he was just illustrating how easy it is to track back information on the web. It's something everyone should think about, honestly. Just about all employers check the web for every job candidate, now. I know I've personally turned thumbs down on several candidates over things found on the web in the past few years. In one case it was a guy whose only hobby seemed to be creation of animated porn demeaning to women, another illustrated that the "perfect" candidate we were looking at was falsifying a ten year period on his resume, and further research (all on the internet) revealed he'd been in prison for drug trafficking, etc.

This has really bitten me in the arse which is why I'm so aware of it. I have a last name that is fairly unusual in these parts and if you you google my first and last name and the region on the first google page is a federal case showing that "I" was convicted of securities fraud. In reality I've never had anything to do with that business but I do remember hearing the other guys ads on the radio when I first moved here. I didn't realize that when I was looking for a job back in the nineties and it took a long time for me to find a job. Later I realized why.

So, from my own experience it's kind of unfair to rely on internet searches - but the simple reality is that it's happening anyway.

John

I severely dislike the concept of rousing the members of UU as minute men to harass a complete stranger. He may be rude, but there's no need to gang up on him. Perhaps it was not the poster's intent to encourage this, but to be honest, I don't see it serving many other purposes. It is unnecessary and mean. I don't know the guy, and from his comment, I don't have much respect for him, but I also know that going after him like a pack of hyenas is not right. Perhaps we should rethink whatever perverse satisfaction we're getting from "sticking it to the man."

Edit: And by "poster" I mean whoever found his name, not the OP

hungry4adobo
03-25-2011, 06:32 PM
OT: I like the signature ;) great idea ;) running fund trackers are so much fun ^.^

Haha thanks! I got the idea from you! Thanks for inspiring me ^_^

haolejohn
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
this thread has shown some of UU's nasty side. I think we are in the mood for a new attitude. Mods would you please close this thread? I believe in my infinite wisdom (8k+ posts) that this thread has served its course. It is turning into another mele thread.

Hippie Dribble
03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
this thread has shown some of UU's nasty side. I think we are in the mood for a new attitude. Mods would you please close this thread? I believe in my infinite wisdom (8k+ posts) that this thread has served its course. It is turning into another mele thread.

:agree::old:

raecarter
03-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes please can it be shut this was not my aim i certainly didn't want his information traced and publicly shared i was cross at the time and posted a comment that is all. Can I edit it as the original poster?

Ukulele JJ
03-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Yes please can it be shut

Done.

I really doubt that anyone here is going to harass the fellow in question--I like to think we're just not that kind of community.

But you guys are correct that this thread has run its course.

JJ