New Eleuke day!

mcwhitlow

Reaction score
Just finished making an outrageous amount of noise with my new Koa Eleuke from Mim's. Very happy with it. I will post pics when I set it down long enough to take some.

Thanks Mim.

I know what you mean.. I had to order a stand so I can leave it out as much as possible, I am back to sore fingers again I have been playing so much!

Have fun.. Did you pair it up with an amp yet?

HOORAY! Glad it for there in good shape! Out of 200 Eleukes I have only had 3 problems EVER come up... EVER... that is really good I think... 2 of them were this week (what the heck?!) So I am just waiting for the other shoe to fall... or whatever that saying is. So I am soooo glad it got there good and you love it! Your Koa is particularly pretty! Enjoy! And yes, post pics... or better yet, a vid of you rocking out!!!

My Eleuke is coming back to me today (long story... it is an older model... getting a spruce-up)... so I shall be rockin out with you in a matter of a couple hours when the truck gets here!

Iphone pics, so not the best quality. I really like the grain on this one, I thought it came out really nice and even.

So far I plugged into that little cheesy 15w that I got as a guitar pack years ago. It sounded really good. My "area of ukulele effect" is now much larger than it was before, and I can just about bless the entire neighborhood with my playing. I bought it to plug into the mac and am just waiting on the USB adapter to get playing in garage band.

That's my daughter playing a scale in the last pic.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

I know what you mean.. I had to order a stand so I can leave it out as much as possible, I am back to sore fingers again I have been playing so much!

Have fun.. Did you pair it up with an amp yet?

Oh I am going to have to get a better amp I think. It sounds clean enough, but I think that amp is holding back some goodness.

Is there a consensus on amps for the Eleukes yet? I am afraid that I don't know too much about them.

I tried my uke with a few amps.. I ended up with a vox mini 3 it sounds fabulous.. small not to loud, I am not going to be a rockstar or anything like that, so it is perfect.
I liked the roland mobile cube but for the money the vox is all I need. Can also run on batteries, run my mp3 player through it, plub in a mic etc..

Last edited:
I ended up with a Roland Street Cube to go with my mahogany tenor. I wanted a few effects, separate mic channel and to still be able to go portable with batteries. The first eleuke I got had action that was way too high. I was at the Reno uke Festival and had Mike DeSilva take a look at it. No way to bring the action down from the stings flying hi off the bridge, so returned it to the dealer and exchanged it for another with lower action. The luthier called this afternoon and I'll pick it up this afternoon. Hopefully the action will be much better. I'd seen and played an older model and I'm curious if they changed manufacturers with the new 2011 models. The older one I'd seen seems to be better made. Mike commented that the design was not very good... If the setup has solved the action problem, I'll be happy.

I've been drooling over that uke for a few weeks now!
If only my birthday were coming up sooner.
I think I'm going to start selling off some stuff I don't need, like my bass and... plasma!

Top Bottom