My Moore Bettah has started!!!

Nuprin

Reaction score
Last week I got an email from Chuck saying a slot had opened up in his build date (originally my ukulele was supposed to start in June or July). I jumped on it. I wanted to keep this somewhat subtle...no fancy inlay, just a subdued beautiful instrument. So, my specs:

Tenor slotted headstock
Maple rosette
Maple body, fretboard, headstock binding
Rosewood fretboard, bridge, and headstock veneer
Gold mother of pearl inlays ("M" on headstock, dots on fretboard)
Side sound port

Chuck mentioned that he would have to find a piece of koa with both light and dark coloring to work with the maple. Monday night I got this picture:

DSC_0017.jpg

Subtle curl and the lighter striations will really work with the maple. Chuck mentioned that the blotchiness is from the alcohol drying which he used to show the grain.

Tuesday he sent me an email saying he has set in the rosette and I'll see pictures soon. He said it's looking very nice. Less than 10 minutes later I get an email saying that he's bracing my sound board....the man works fast!!!

My uke is scheduled to be finished sometime in May. Since I first started frequenting this forum and seeing and hearing Chuck's work, I've dreamt about getting a Moore Bettah...can't believe one will be in my hands within a couple of months!!!

I'll keep this thread updated as I get more pictures and progress reports from the build.

Suhweeet Nuprin. I know just how you feel. Looks like we have a couple of lucky fellows from our ranks who have been included in Chucks current build cycle. Along with Landshark's thread, it looks like we may be getting some dreamy pictures posted from time to time.

You all are making me soo jealous... Really Nice Nuprin...keep us updated with the photos...Wow Wee...

What's all this fuss about this guy Chuck Moore and his ukes? Is it any better than my Sam's Club Leolani tenor?

This is like looking at an ultrasound. Awww it's going to be beautiful!
Last week I got an email from Chuck saying a slot had opened up in his build date (originally my ukulele was supposed to start in June or July). I jumped on it. I wanted to keep this somewhat subtle...no fancy inlay, just a subdued beautiful instrument. So, my specs:

Tenor slotted headstock
Maple rosette
Side sound port

Chuck mentioned that he would have to find a piece of koa with both light and dark coloring to work with the maple. Monday night I got this picture:

DSC_0017.jpg

Subtle curl and the lighter striations will really work with the maple. Chuck mentioned that the blotchiness is from the alcohol drying which he used to show the grain.

Tuesday he sent me an email saying he has set in the rosette and I'll see pictures soon. He said it's looking very nice. Less than 10 minutes later I get an email saying that he's bracing my sound board....the man works fast!!!

My uke is scheduled to be finished sometime in May. Since I first started frequenting this forum and seeing and hearing Chuck's work, I've dreamt about getting a Moore Bettah...can't believe one will be in my hands within a couple of months!!!

I'll keep this thread updated as I get more pictures and progress reports from the build.

You are in for a real treat! Congratulations!
Chuck's instruments are superb in all respects. And what has been said about instrument "break in" is true - after a few months of regular playing, you will be even more amazed by the sound. I own a custom LoPrinzi and a special order Kamaka, and my Moore Bettah embarrasses both of them.
Bravo!
Mika

"Tenor slotted headstock
Maple rosette
Side sound port"

Hmmm sounds Mapley. ; )

You're killing me, Chris! Here I am strumming your "cast off" Gstring, w/my new LoPrinzi Tenor waiting its turn, while my KoAloha's languish in their cases & wonder what they did to deserve the banishment! Meanwhile, my Sailor Soprano thought it would enjoy at least a couple of weeks of primacy before being resigned to its case?!

THAT is going to be a lovely uke. Perhaps it is time to get my name on Chuck's build schedule for the Fall. IF I can just resist a Kamaka Pineapple that is CALLING me to rescue it from its guitar store surroundings! :)

Congrats on the new uke - look foward to more pics. The maple rosette and bindings with the koa should be beautiful.

Looks beautiful, and so cool to see photos of the work in progress! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

As I read yopur post and saw the picture, I felt excitement building for you. What a torture the waiting must be.
Ahhhh, someday.

Man looking real good!!!! This will be one sweet uke!!!

Top Bottom