Stolen Baritone Ukes

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Colin Oldham (Delta Resonator Cones) has just had a break in at his workshop in Hinkley, near Leicester. Colin works with Ohana to produce the hand-made resonators. Naturally he is very upset about it and has given his full permission for me to inform everyone.

Among the items stolen from the workshop were 4 brand new Ohana Baritone Ukuleles. These were boxed and unused.

If you live in the UK and are offered a new Ohana baritone ukulele and you suspect something may be wrong with the deal or the price seems too good to be true, you have several options: just say "no", inform the police, let me know, put it on the forum.

I don't know whether the thieves knew what they were stealing. Maybe not. They may try and sell them as guitars. Of course, they may have known exactly what they were taking. The models taken were BK-20, BK-20CE and BK-35.

I would not want anyone to buy these instruments only to find our that they have paid money to the "people" that broke into and damaged Colin's property and stole these instruments, his equipment and tools.

Aloha Ken,
That S_cks...man!! should do the like the japanese mobsters and cut their finger or fingers..
Would that be a good enough deterrant.....

Yeah that really sucks!! If they happen to make it across the pond and into the Mid-west to the lake of the ozarks we will confiscate them, send them back and make all right in the world again. Getting the word out may help alert more people as to what they are buying and nip it in the bud. Thanks for the heads up!! Lozark

You missed an option, Ken: grab yourself a bargain. The owner gets an insurance payout, the thief gets a bit of bunce, and a uke player gets a new, cheap uke. Literally, everyone's a winner! ;)

I'd never call a thief a winner.

Thanks for the heads up Ken, I'm sure people will keep an eye out. Might want to tell Eagle Music and a few other uke shops in the UK about this.

Thanks for the info, I doubt I'll come across them, but will keep an ear to the ground!

You missed an option, Ken: grab yourself a bargain. The owner gets an insurance payout, the thief gets a bit of bunce, and a uke player gets a new, cheap uke. Literally, everyone's a winner! ;)

What a nasty attitude to a horrible event - Athos - have you ever had your property burgled? I have - it is heart wrenching. The insurance payout is little relief.

Athos?!? Really?? "everyone's a winner"??? What planet do you live on? Sheesh

Ken, I hope that the thieves are caught quickly & the ukes recovered.

Glad no one was injured, but the loss of property and damage to the workshop is very bad news.

Keep us posted on the news, and I'm sorry to hear about the robbery. I still miss my guitar that was stolen years and years ago...she was beautiful. It was my first guitar, you can never replace some things.

Everyone stay on the lookout on ebay for some small resonator 4 string guitars. Goods may be insured but the R&D and time and emotion that went into them can never be.

Sorry Ken, I thought you'd realise I wasn't being serious, by the inclusion of the wink smiley.
Of course I don't condone burglary, and I feel sorry for Colin.
If I hear anything about them, I'll let you know.

Thanks, I missed the winky smiler, too.

Well, this is a stinkin' shame, any way you look at it. I've done a couple of searches, nothing yet. But I will keep my eyes peeled, Florida is the capitol of scams!

Thanks for the heads up - sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck to Colin.

Sorry Ken, I thought you'd realise I wasn't being serious, by the inclusion of the wink smiley.

Sorry, but that was in pooor taste, even with the wink smiley.

No problem, Athos. Thanks.

I don't use or understand smilies, so I read the words.

The ukes aren't really a big issue. Ohana has lots of them. However, Colin had expensive tools and equipment stolen, so he's a bit upset about it.

Sorry to hear about this Ken. I'm not sure why people do these types of things. Its not like they are going to get rich with what they took. Wouldn't it be easier to get a job?

That's just terrible. I've been ripped off before and it's not a good feeling. Hope he recovers everything and the thief gets caught.

Top Bottom