Mya Moe Slotted Headstock w/cutaway

Wow, I love this girl! Will be listening to her some more. thanks

It was probably specially made for her.

She played the same ukulele at her appearance in San Francisco last Wednesday (and presumably in Sacramento last Thursday and at the Reno Ukulele Festival last weekend.) She also played a KoAloha tenor. She said that one of them was strung high G and the other was strung low G. Apparently she just got the Mya Moe, which she said is made of myrtle, a little while ago.

It's a Myrtle custom Mya Moe tenor, with a cutaway and slotted headstocks.
It's known as a 'Flying V' because of the 'V' shaped myrtle curls in it. (Goes along with her name as well! :O )

Yup. On the Tenor or Baritone Classics only.

It's just an extra $250.00 :)

I'm not a big fan of slotted headstocks but I was thinking, hey, that makes the Mya Moe headstock a little less cheesy looking, that might be worthwhile. Worthwhile yes, worth $250 no (at least, not to me). LOL

John

You would think that the ukulele would actually be LESS expensive because you're getting less wood in your headstock. LOL

Not sure if you're serious or not, but less wood doesn't mean less work on the part of the luthier. But yeah I reckon $250 may be a bit rich.

I'm not a big fan of slotted headstocks but I was thinking, hey, that makes the Mya Moe headstock a little less cheesy looking, that might be worthwhile. Worthwhile yes, worth $250 no (at least, not to me). LOL

John
Aloha John,
I'm with you on this one man...big and obstuctive.....sorry....yuck!!! all these popular players trying to make it popular...sheesh... they're not fooling me to get one... hee hee however I really do like Mya Moes... Ukulele companies promoting and finding ways to raise their prices...lol

Yesterday I had posted a comment to this video, and in her description it originally just said she plays a KoAloha and a Mya Moe, so I thought she meant in that song. It does sound very rich and full, so I assumed she must have done some overdubbing with the KoAloha. I said something to that effect in my comment. Well, I was wrong, as I found out when she posted a comment to my profile. It was actually a very nice little note, and it was nice to receive it, but I decided to remove my comment from the video so as not to confuse other viewers. :eek:

She played the same ukulele at her appearance in San Francisco last Wednesday (and presumably in Sacramento last Thursday and at the Reno Ukulele Festival last weekend.) She also played a KoAloha tenor. She said that one of them was strung high G and the other was strung low G. Apparently she just got the Mya Moe, which she said is made of myrtle, a little while ago.

Yes, she played that Mya-Moe and a KoAloha at the Reno Fest. Wow, what a fantastic voice! She is pretty good friends with Gordon and Char and I know they made that one especially for her. Both ukes sounded great in concert. I was impressed with her when we saw her at the Wine Country Uke Fest last fall, and even more impressed seeing her do a whole concert.

–Lori

I love Victoria Vox. Great song writing & amazing talent. AND, I love her new Mya-Moe! I'm really liking slot-head tenors & for me at least, if I was getting a Mya-Moe like hers w/the cutaway & such rich figuring in the wood, what's another $250? I'd buy it.

From her twitter stream, she must have gotten this when she stayed w/Gordon & Char early in March for the Gorge Uke Festival in Hood River, OR. While there, she posted one of her "52 covers" video w/Nova & Char singing backup, playing another Mya-Moe.

Last edited:
ukulele?....................................oh! the UKULELEEE

Not sure if you're serious or not, but less wood doesn't mean less work on the part of the luthier. But yeah I reckon $250 may be a bit rich.

Nope. Wasn't serious but an extra 250 for a slotted headstock is really serious...

I have one ukulele with a slotted headstock. It's the Mainland Tenor Special edition without the rope binding. Beautiful instrument. I wish the headstock were solid. It takes me twice as long to load the strings and I haven't seen or heard a benefit from it as yet.

When the Mya Moe headstock is slotting it kinda reminds me of a cow pattern o.o weird

Top Bottom