new old uke day

Huna

Reaction score
I picked up a mele braddah concert on ebay and just finally got it today. Sounds nice! I paid 120 and it came with a case. Was built in 1996. I put some fremont blacklines on it but the strings that were on it were not bad. I think they were Hilos. These blacklines definitely sound a bit brighter... they are stretching as we speak...

The uke has a short fretboard. I thought it was a soprano and was upset the guy advertised it wrong. But, it has the scale length of concert, but just has 12 frets and is finished off at the end like a soprano and does not reach the soundhole. Says inside the uke it is a deluxe concert. The fretboard is ebony, as well as the binding. Otherwise its mahogany. It has friction tuners. I'm happy with this uke!

Congrats! Glad you love it, sounds like you got a decent deal too.....never hurts.

Awesome! I always hope that I end up knowing someone who buys those ukes I'm always watching. Glad you got it, Paul. I bet it has really mellowed out since its one of the earlier Braddah's. Very cool. Perhaps you will bring it along next time you're in Atlanta. Twas good to meet you in person this week.

If you are happy at the end of a deal-then all is well. Enjoy that uke!

Aloha Huna,
Congratulations on your new old Mele...I think if it is a concert deluxe...you got a deal for the price...Happy Strummings, MM Stan..

Top Bottom