Got a new uke

Ukeykai

Reaction score
Hey so i have had an Lanikai lu-11 for about a year now and decided it was time to upgrade. So i wanted a concert uke, So i got a luna tattoo concert mahogany ukulele i love the look of it and when i played it at the store i fell in love. I have had it about 4 days now. But i am having second thoughts about it. I am not sure its cuz i am used to my Lanikai or if i am just realizing how the luna plays.... i am not sure how to explain but can strings get stretched out to where it is noticable? i feel like my Lanikai strings are stretched out. Any thoughts or suggestions? PLEASE reply!

What are the "symptoms" of your new ukulele that are bothering you? If the new ukulele has to be tuned each time you play it, then it's probably that the strings on your new ukulele haven't settled yet. That can take up to a week of regular playing, sepending on the strings. If the strings are in tune but just feel different in some way, then maybe they're just a different type of string. It's difficult to address your question unless you can be more specific about what is is about the new ukulele you're not liking.

Sounds Like the strings either need breaking in or you do, or it has different guage and tension strings....It may be affecting the luna's playability and comfort and it is different from the Lanikai, and you need time to adjust to it.. Good Luck....

Top Bottom