Aquila Bionylon??

artcrocker

Reaction score
Bloomfield, Michigan & Melbourne, Florida
Wondered how people felt about the new Aquila Bionylon strings?
First of all, I bought a Concert set and put them on a Flea, (long neck soprano), Did screw up there?

Wondering because my first reaction to them compared to the Worth Browns I took off was not very good. Harder to fret and did not think they sounded as good. Unfortunately I bought the Bionylons for my other ukes and now am not sure I want to put them on.

Does anyone really like them?

OMG! they make bionic nylon?!?! Will it make my instrument more powerful? Louder? Will it fix all the wrong notes?

;-)

OMG! they make bionic nylon?!?! Will it make my instrument more powerful? Louder? Will it fix all the wrong notes?

;-)

Bahaha!

...BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is all.

To be honest, now that I know about these bionylons, I'm not sure WHAT type of Aquilas are on my ukes right now. The packages just said "Aquila," so I assumed they were nylguts. But I have not been happy with my last batch of Aquilas at all. Perhaps they ARE bionylons?

I was one of the testers for the Aquila Bionylon's and they were perfect for a couple of my ukuleles - a Kepasa concert and a Larrivee spruce top. They tones both down a notch from the nylguts, but responded better than other nylon strings. I didn;t like Worth's on either of these ukes though.

So I htink it depends on the uke. If the flourocarbosn or the nylguts don;t sound right, but you're not usually enamoured of nylon strings, give those Bionylon's a try!

To be honest, now that I know about these bionylons, I'm not sure WHAT type of Aquilas are on my ukes right now. The packages just said "Aquila," so I assumed they were nylguts. But I have not been happy with my last batch of Aquilas at all. Perhaps they ARE bionylons?

Check out the UU string guide. Bionylons are a new kind of nylon manufactured with vegetable based oils. They are supposed to be Aquila's answer for warmer sounding strings.

Last edited:
Tried and din't like them bionylons. They were bright and clear when I firsdt put them on but went "dead" very quickly.
Check out the UU string guide.... .
I know I'm being slow but - can't find the string guide...link?

Thanks for that link. As usual I'm now wiser but none the wiser ;-)
I'm just going to have to buy a few different sets and try 'em all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom