Barefoot Boogie Cigar Box Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
Selling my Barefoot Boogie CBU concert. Built-in sound transducer pickup (don't know the brand). Paid $145 and looking to get $50 (add another $15 for shipping within the continental US). No case included but will package well. In the interest of disclosure, there are a few things I want to point out about this CBU:

1. It has a very chunky neck...I tried to show it in a photo but you can't really tell. For those who own a Flea or Fluke, the neck is a little thicker than that.

2. It is very, very quiet acoustically. The builder did a neck through construction (see photo) which dampens the soundboard quite a bit.

3. It might be my imagination but I think the fretboard gets thinner from the nut to where it meets the body. It's slight but it looks like it to me. I posted a photo of the neck so you can judge for yourself.

4. The bridge is not fixed down...therefore its placement can be adjusted for intonation.

5. Intonation is not spot on. I tried to demonstrate it in the sound sample.

Okay, if you're still interested, I linked a sound sample for it. I played both acoustic (first part) and amplified (second part...approximately 1:20 in). When amplified, I had the EQ set flat and added some reverb.

Perdona1.jpg

Perdona2.jpg

photo-3-2.jpg

Sound sample

Last edited:
More pictures:

Thickness of neck:
photo-1-3.jpg

Neck-through body/pickup system:
photo-2-2.jpg

Neck getting skinnier from nut to body?
photo-10.jpg