PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting new strings for my Fender Nohea

dip.mojica
03-25-2011, 08:51 AM
So I'm pretty content with the Aquilas on my Fender, but I was wondering if there are strings that would improve it's sound. Recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Nico of Ukulele Jouney

KevinV
03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
I recently strung my Fender Pa'ina with D'Addario Pro Arte's and am happy with the tone. Different woods, but you may want to give them a try.

philpot
03-25-2011, 09:27 AM
try Fremont Blacklines. I went through a desperate hunt for strings that sounded good on my uke that didn't buzz. tried aquilas, martins, black diamonds, and landed on blacklines :D try em, you wont be disappointed!!

dip.mojica
03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
thanks for the suggestions! i'll check out the D'Addario Pro Arte and the Blacklines!

Gmoney
03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
thanks for the suggestions! i'll check out the D'Addario Pro Arte and the Blacklines!

Still have Aquila's on my No'hea - took off a set of Ko'olau Golds when I put in the K&K pickup. If you are in a string trying mood, you might want to give the new Ko'olau Alohi strings a try as well.

I've just ordered a set of D'Addario T2's to put on my LoPrinzi tenor after I try out the Aquila's on it for awhile longer.