Just taught my first uke class :)

Nixon

Reaction score
Last week our orchestra were playing in a tourist centre in town when a class of primary school kids came in. They ended up staying and watching the whole set and seemed to really enjoy it. Ended up offering to come into their class and teach them a bit as I want to do a post grad teaching degree and thought the work experience would be useful and fun.

Went in today with my old tenor, a beater Lanikai and a Makala Dolphin(which I bought for today and love btw). Never had so much fun on the uke. Kids loved my playing, actually stunned into silence when I played greensleeves, which according to the teacher is a rare thing. Taught all 19 kids the Am and C chord and nearly had to wrestle my ukes away from them. Best of all I've been invited back to do lessons with smaller groups of kids, with the school hopefully buying a few spare Dolphins

One down side is that I've promised to learn JLS, Katey Perry and Justin Beiber for them :uhoh:

Fantastic Nixon, it is really great to get involved with teaching others the uke, great news

Aloha Nixon,
Sounds like you had a wonderul time and kids are so much fun too....Nice to get invited back, that's soo cool.. Thank you for the nice story..Happy Strummings, MM Stan

That's great Nixon! I'm thinking, that when I'm better at it, I might try to introduce something similar at Miss D's school, maybe when she's a little older, she's in Year 1 right now, so maybe years 2 or 3?

Keep us informed of their progress!

Top Bottom