PDA

View Full Version : Modesto Ca. Ukulele Players?

amute
03-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello I live in Modesto Ca. and am looking to jam with other Ukulele players. I have a LARGE Boxing Gym on Bangs Ave that we could jam in on Sat. or Sundays.

Hit me up if you're around my way. Thanx!

808boy
03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Aloha Jeremy,
I live in Salida and will hit you up sometime.............................BO........... .............

RyanMFT
03-25-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm in the East Bay, but would be up for a drive to jam with you....especially at a boxing gym!

marymac
03-25-2011, 07:31 PM
There's a great group in Modesto called the Modesto Fun Strummers. I know they're having an all day event on April 30th, but they also meet every Tuesday night and Friday morning. You can contact them at FunnstrummersUke@aol.com and see their website at http://funstrummers.com/1.html. I've met Lorrie (their band leader) at a couple of workshops and she's great fun. If we lived closer I'd be a member!

amute
03-30-2011, 11:24 AM
:) Thank you for the heads up. I know of the Fun Strummers. In fact my neighbor lady told me about them a while back, she plays with them.
I'ma little younger and I'm kind of hoping to not do too many sing along and strum away songs jams. No offense to them and it's rad they play Ukulele, but I'd hate to step on toes and I'm not sure I'd fit in with what they play. They also have a membership fee and I work 11 classes a week at a Boxing Club so it's weekends only for me.
I will attend the April 30th event though and I'll even pay the $20.

I have had a few hits about doing a Saturday at 12pm join here in Modesto at my Boxing Club. So I'm hoping to put something together soon, I'll keep y'all posted.
I have a cool coffee shop very near my house and they have a nice out door stage setting, I've done MANY shows there and would love to do some Ukulele Player Solo or band shows there this summer. It's a rad place and doesn't take too many folks to pack the patio. -Cheers y'all!

marymac
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Gotcha - best to find a group that fits your style. Hope you're able to hook up with some people here!