Like The Salmon Returning...

pdxuke

Reaction score
I sold this, but it has returned. Not my fault, not the buyer's fault--FEDEX's fault, but after two weeks, we both agreed to call it a day.

So it's new uke day. Or a "deja vu uke day." Whatever. And I'm keeping it, because it is now, officially, my high class beater uke.

I'm also going to try Martin strings on it.

attachment.php

Kiwaya KS1, Welcome home.

Sounds like it was meant to be!!!

You were obviously meant to keep it. Dare I suggest a sound sample with the Martin strings (ducking for cover) :)

Aloha pdxuke,
Ah, what's the size limit for the returning Salm....ah, uke.
Here's hoping it's a keeper.........................BO......................

Yeah, FedEx screws up so seldom this has to be fate. You and that uke are joined at the hip in some cosmicly uber-cool way that we've yet to understand!

Myself, I think they'd have to pry my KSL-2 longneck out of my dead hands. My intention was that it was just going to be my beater and I'd eventually get a longneck soprano from KoAloha or Kanile'a and that might still happen but, now that I've put decent tuners and strings on this thing, ain't no great rush to upgrade. I still can't believe that a laminated uke can be this responsive and lively. I initially put Aquila Nylguts on it thinking they'd be needed, but when those wore out and I put fluorocarbons on 'er, my jaw dropped.

John

A sign from the Uke Gods...LOL

It was meant to be, Happy "deja vu Uke Day". I look forward to a sound sample!

Aloha Thom,
I guess it's like a old girlfriend coming back...you gotta treat it with respect....ha ha...lol

Is the saddle missing on that uke or is it just a trick of the pic?

Top Bottom