PDA

View Full Version : Surprise New Banjo Uke Day!

cletus
03-25-2011, 03:19 PM
So, I've been scrimping pennies and selling my old vinyl record collection because of UAS for a Mainland banjo uke. Lo and behold, what turns up on craigslist this morning?
Now, this little honey lives at our house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVSdE0Zqgd0

Todd (doogey9) is one of my youtube faves, and his video review of the Mainland and his subsequent performances playing it were a big reason for my UAS inflamed condition. Much to my surprise, he lives in the area, and that was his c/l ad! Wow, small world made smaller by the internet...

cb56
03-25-2011, 03:23 PM
cool! Looks and sounds great!

Susie A
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
So, I've been scrimping pennies and selling my old vinyl record collection because of UAS for a Mainland banjo uke. Lo and behold, what turns up on craigslist this morning?
Now, this little honey lives at our house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVSdE0Zqgd0

Todd (doogey9) is one of my youtube faves, and his video review of the Mainland and his subsequent performances playing it were a big reason for my UAS inflamed condition. Much to my surprise, he lives in the area, and that was his c/l ad! Wow, small world made smaller by the internet...

lol ... I thought you bought Todd! He is a little honey :) Enjoy your uke!

cletus
03-25-2011, 04:25 PM
lol ... I thought you bought Todd! He is a little honey :) Enjoy your uke!

Girlfriend, if 6'2" and 215 pounds is 'a little honey' in your town, I think Todd is single>:cheers:

Man, this uke is a barky little thang!

Hippie Dribble
03-25-2011, 04:28 PM
awesome Mark. Beautiful looking (and sounding) uke mate. Todd can sure play and sing too. I just subscribed to his channel. Thanks for the link. He's awesome.

Enjoy your new baby whilst practicing the George Corn-Bee split stroke :biglaugh:

mm stan
03-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Aloha Cletus,
Congratulations on the nice score...have fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings....where are my banjo deals..sheesh...MM Stan..

Hippie Dribble
03-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Aloha Cletus,
Congratulations on the nice score...have fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings....where are my banjo deals..sheesh...MM Stan..

there's a nice Beansprout on the marketplace Bruddah...we make you offer you can't refuse...he he

Hippie Dribble
03-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Girlfriend, if 6'2" and 215 pounds is 'a little honey' in your town, I think Todd is single>:cheers:

:rofl::biglaugh:

man, I can't stop laughing. That's a whole lotta honey Susie.

roxhum
03-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Great score on the banjolele! Congrats! Funny thread... Belly laugh morning, ha, ha, ha,