UAS and Patience

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
HI all,
Where to begin, I have been waiting 4 weeks now for a Kanilea Tenor. Due to some lack of communication and sensitivity on behalf of the US Postal Service, I am suffering a hell I cannot describe. I do not in any way blame the seller. I am also waiting for a big island Tenor that I paid for more than a week ago that just shipped yesterday. Again, I don't blame the sellers, I understand that S**t happens. It just seems like I am always involved in it.
First thing first, FPO addresses. An FPO address is an address that represents a US military base in a Foreign land. This means that there is a US Post office on a military base wether it be in Turkey, Belgium, France, Tokyo or Korea. So, for anyone as the shipper it is just like sending a package to Oakland Ca. or New York City. Once the package is in NY or Oakland, it then gets put on a chartered US Gov plane to the mail distribution center in the specific theater.
So, In short, I urge any and all shippers and sellers to be prompt after receiving payment and the big thing.....never, never, never send anything via parcel post. Please insist that the buyer pay for at least priority mail.
THis post will not make the two ukes in question arrive any sooner but, maybe we all can understand that the waiting is the hardest part. Thanks for listening.
Uncle Leroy

It sounds like you are frustrated. Sorry for your postal troubles. It is such torture having to wait. When is it suppose to arrive?

I know how frustrating it is to have to wait, especially for such nice ukuleles. Could it be that the recent disaster has a part in the delay of both ukes? That would certainly make sense. At any rate, I hope they arrive soon so you are able to enjoy them.

You should adopt the Canadian Uke-Buyer's Mantra: If you pay for it, it will eventually come, even if it takes a while and involves ridiculously inflated customs charges, plus a bit extra from UPS, cursed be its name.

It's kind of a long mantra, but it's worth it in the end.

I feel you Leroy...I ordered a custom tenor from Kanilea in December...it should be done in mid April...This is my first custom uke... I don't how some members with four or five customs do it...I get impatient just waiting five days for one from MGM haha.

That's why we got collections...we always get ukes to play....but still the wait can be excruciating.. with buying, it's the excitement and the waiting....highs and lows..then highs hopefully...lol

Amazing how it's always the Post Office's fault....

Take a deeep breath, back away from the ledge ... ;)

Sorry for your troubles, but sounds like you're gonna have one helluva new ukes day! :cool:

HI all,
Where to begin, I have been waiting 4 weeks now for a Kanilea Tenor. Due to some lack of communication and sensitivity on behalf of the US Postal Service, I am suffering a hell I cannot describe. I do not in any way blame the seller. I am also waiting for a big island Tenor that I paid for more than a week ago that just shipped yesterday. Again, I don't blame the sellers, I understand that S**t happens. It just seems like I am always involved in it.
First thing first, FPO addresses. An FPO address is an address that represents a US military base in a Foreign land. This means that there is a US Post office on a military base wether it be in Turkey, Belgium, France, Tokyo or Korea. So, for anyone as the shipper it is just like sending a package to Oakland Ca. or New York City. Once the package is in NY or Oakland, it then gets put on a chartered US Gov plane to the mail distribution center in the specific theater.
So, In short, I urge any and all shippers and sellers to be prompt after receiving payment and the big thing.....never, never, never send anything via parcel post. Please insist that the buyer pay for at least priority mail.
THis post will not make the two ukes in question arrive any sooner but, maybe we all can understand that the waiting is the hardest part. Thanks for listening.
Uncle Leroy

why shouldthis be the seller or shippers responsibilities? If it is that big a deal why shouldn't the buyer be responsibile for this?

If the buyer wants to pay an increased price for priroty shipping, then no problem.

But if the buyer wants the lowest price possible, then parcel post may also be the price you pay...
I think buyers should be given the option of priority shipping though, if they want to pony up some extra $$.

I know I'm a bit weird, but I never minded the wait. It was all part of the excitement!

I sent a Kanilea to Alaska, overnight USPS. The buyer was worried that the temperature differences might cause damage to the uke so he requested the overnight service and paid for it up front. It amazes me that it was delivered the next day. I sent it from Southern California. It cost almost $100 for that service but it actually gave him (and me) peace of mind that the uke was going to be delivered that soon.

FPS, APO I'm sure the postal service does their best too. Two ukes that I ordered took a week to get to me from the east coast on via truck but at least I could track where it was every step of the way. For those in foreign countries that have to go through customs (the horror stories abound about European customs) I feel for you.

I was lucky to get my MB from Pahoa, HI to my place in 22 hours. Chuck said it usually takes almost two days just to get the uke from the Big Island to Oahu! Even he was amazed how quickly it got to me.

That must be rather anxiety provoking, given the current events in Japan.

Man alive, those poor folks there. It is impossible to imagine it even though we see the photos on tv.

I said that with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I bought one from the OP. :)

Well after a good nights sleep and reading these posts.....I feel better. Patience, as it turns out, it not one of my virtues. Thanks for letting me rant.

Hope they both arrive soonm so you can enjoy them immensely when they do.

"Uncle Leroy" I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the military too and station in Japan and everyting take forever, sometimes I get lucky though cause I order from stores in Hawaii and have friends that know the owners, all I do is keep in contact and too less than 2 weeks for my Koaloha concert and my Kamoa Koa-Tenor to get here!!

Yeah I know the feeling Uncle Leroy. I ordered a Kanilea GL6 on 6th Feb - then waited 109 dull, grey, lifeless, needful days before it turned up. I was so uptight in the latter 2 weeks you could have used my butt cheeks to crack walnuts.

You should adopt the Canadian Uke-Buyer's Mantra: If you pay for it, it will eventually come, even if it takes a while and involves ridiculously inflated customs charges, plus a bit extra from UPS, cursed be its name.

It's kind of a long mantra, but it's worth it in the end.

LOL! Thanks for the tip.

Signed,
Still Waiting in Toronto

Top Bottom