Help name my new ukulele model.

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
It has been a lot or years since I came up with a new model and body shape for my ukes, but here it is. Now I don't know what to call it? It is a Kasha hybrid bracing system with a taylor style bridge and a little curvier than my Kasha model so my first thought was the Wahine. It will be going into spraying with the rest of the batch this weekend. Any thoughts?
_DSC6197.jpg
_DSC6200.jpg
_DSC6205.jpg
_DSC6173.jpg

That is beautiful! And I can't think of any better name than Wahine. Curves & sassy.

Simply beautiful..."Nani Loa" comes to mind...Will you have some for sale?

Simply beautiful..."Nani Loa" comes to mind...Will you have some for sale?

Yes, they will be availably for order. This is the first of this new model that I built for myself and to demo for a few long time customers. But like every time I make something for myself, I don't seem to be able to hold on to it for very long.

To paraphrase an old joke, the first thing that came to my mind was, "Kamaniwanaple'a". (That's the closest I can come to a Hawaiian spelling of "come on I wanna play ya") That is absolutely beautiful. How do the prices range?

This might be sick, and for that I apologize in advance. But, if it were mine, (and I would like that by the way), taking my warped sense of humor, especially in names, would name it "Stroke". And the reason, looking at the one in your sig, if you are getting the same bridge, the first thing that came to mind is it looked like a stroke victim. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, because I think it looks cool, and I like it. But, it just looks like it had a stroke. (one eye closed due to facial paralisis (the sound hole being the open one), and the bridge representing the mouth, looks like a the drooping mouth of a stroke victim.

Sick, I know, but that is my warped sense of humor, and like said, I apologize. But, that was the 1st thing that came to me, and If it were mine, that's what I would name it..

;)

Dat wahine be beautiful!

How does Nani Wahine sound? (Not too sure if it's 'Pretty Woman' but i tried!)

Also, they look gorgeous, the inlays. especially the inlays, and the curls in the koa.
Would we have pictures of the end product, Eric? :)

"Kamaniwanaple'a". (That's the closest I can come to a Hawaiian spelling of "come on I wanna play ya")
Very nice!
I'm pretty new around here and not sure what I have gotten my self into. These are some twisted ukers around here, especially you Tudorp! I love your sick sense of humor, bring it on!
Prices start at $3200 before up grades. this one has upgrades of Master grade koa, abalone purfling and the fretboard inlay.

How does Nani Wahine sound? (Not too sure if it's 'Pretty Woman' but i tried!)

Also, they look gorgeous, the inlays. especially the inlays, and the curls in the koa.
Would we have pictures of the end product, Eric? :)
I will add some finished pics when it is done. Should be finished in about 2 weeks.

How about.

'Holonde Fruntandesyde'

which, roughly translated, sa far as I can make out, means 'hole on the front and the side'.

I think 'Wahine' would be perfect, it's got two holes that you just can't shut.

So if I come up with a name that you choose for your gorgeous new model, does that mean I get one of those beauties as a prize?:)

To paraphrase an old joke, the first thing that came to my mind was, "Kamaniwanaple'a". (That's the closest I can come to a Hawaiian spelling of "come on I wanna play ya") That is absolutely beautiful. How do the prices range?

Very nice!
I'm pretty new around here and not sure what I have gotten my self into. These are some twisted ukers around here, especially you Tudorp! I love your sick sense of humor, bring it on!
Prices start at $3200 before up grades. this one has upgrades of Master grade koa, abalone purfling and the fretboard inlay.

Glad you liked it! If you choose to use it, do I get a free uke? :D;)

I would call that particular one Sunrise.(Not sure of the Hawaiian word for it) The curly Koa looks like water shimmering under the soundhole (sun).

First- that is absolutely breathtaking. Second- as far as names go, there is no need to name it in Hawaiian. How about "the Muse" Model. It seems like craftsmanship on that level coupled with the innate beauty of the build materials is meant to inspire.... That instrument is so gorgeous that it would be a sin for someone less than great to strum it's strings. It almost seems as if the Uke itself is screaming to be played by someone that oozes talent. For lack of better terms, it is like a dog in heat- searching tirelessly for the perfect mate. There almost something sexual about it..... Stellar work!!!!

Top Bottom