Just getting started

sbryant

Reaction score
I was given a Hilo baritone ukulele as a gift, however I wish it were a tenor. I would like to learn the standard uke chords on my baritone so I don't have to learn two sets of chords in case I buy a tenor. Is my thinking as a beginner correct? How shoud I tune my baritone to learn standard uke chords and how will it sound when I play simple music. I am obviously confused.Can anyone help?

I think if you string it with a set of tenor strings, you'll be ok if the slots in the bridge and nut fit the strings.

The strings will fit in the slots fine (assuming the length is ok) but I would imagine you will have a problem getting tenor strings to the right tension.

Aloha Sbryant,
Welcome to the UU and our forums ...have fun and enjoy....You can either tune your baritone to DGBE or GCEA...and use the Baritone Chords or the GCEA..Some ukers Use the GCEA finger chord pattern
on the DGBE tuning or You can use the standard baritone chords.....just different names and finger chord positions..Check out Dr Uke for Baritone help on songs,chords and information...I hope it helps..
Good Luck ...MM Stan...

Top Bottom