Gibson Poinsettia Ukulele questions..

slimt

Reaction score
Hello,, Hope you are all having a Good day....
Any one have any idea of how many Exist?

Thank you for your Time...

Not many. I can tell you that. It's considering by many to be the "holy grail" of vintage ukulele collecting.

Thanks.... I have one here... Thats why I was asking, Thank you......
DSCF9313.jpg

:)

Very Beautiful!

What is the story behind it? Do you know its history? How did you come to own it?

What a stunning uke!

Hi. and thanks for the comments.... Im the second owner of this... I aquired this from the Family of the original Owner.. and Bought new in Canada... It has the made in the U.S.A stamp on the back of the peg head.. it has its Original case as well.. I know theres not much info on these.. thats why I was asking how many existed out there... This is the first Uke Ive owned.. so far , Ive seen three versions of this model..

Rufus Yells, who hangs out on Ukulele Cosmos is a big Gibson collector. Rufus would most likely know the answer to your question. Check out Cosmos and as "Uncle Rufus" about it.

I wonder if anyone has ever asked Gibson about production numbers on these? You might want to write to them and ask...... One pops up every once in a while, but not that often. I don't remember what the last on I saw on eBay go for, but I think it was quite a lot. Are you playing it?

Hi... Thanks for the info.... It has to be strung up... but it will get played. Thats why I joined... to learn the ways of playing on these... :)

those are no good for playing. It's got a flower on it. Send it to me, and I'll send you a new Uke that you can really get into playing.. hehheh..

Nice, what I would give to find one of those..

Hi... Thanks for the info.... It has to be strung up... but it will get played. Thats why I joined... to learn the ways of playing on these... :)

Welcome to UU & just ignore the obvious looks of green jealously with which we gaze upon this bit of uke pr0n! :drool:

I'm sure that you will have a blast w/that uke & find a great family of fellow uke afflicted brethren. Here there be ukes!

Aloha!

man, that is an awesome find. The few I have seen the color has faded allot. Those colors are still vibrant and pop. The ones I have seen, you can barely see the red in the flower at all.

If ya don't mind the asking, what did ya have to give up for that? You don't have to answer that, but I'm curious, as I am sure many are.

I cant disclose the amount paid... But it was a fair price. I think..

If it were mine I'm sure I would string it up, too. But I seriously doubt I would play it much. I wouldn't be able to stand the thought of damaging it! I would certainly advise that you learn as much as you can about the care of vintage ukes, particularly humidification. It would be a shame for that beauty to deteriorate....

Were these out of the factory like this, I wonder? Or were they customed after purchase?

Top Bottom