Rubio Monocoat Oil

dannyb

Reaction score
Aloha! After my 4th build, all of which have been lacquered. I am just wondering has anyone tried this 1 coat oil (Rubio Monocoat). It has been used on floors and furniture for years. Being new, I am wondering why it has been overlooked. The lacquer finish is the second part of the build and I know why! Wow, that takes some time. Could Rubio Monocoat be a savior? Its claim to fame is that it will accept only 1 coat and thats it! Anybody? If this doesn't make sense it is meant to be a question. I am interested in shortening the build time hopefully by trying this product. Thanks again, dannyb

Last edited:
Don't know this particular product, but I've used a couple of different "Floor Finishes". They both are made in Denmark and imported into Australia under the brand name Whittle. They work very nicely but do take some elbow grease to burnish them in. Several coats over a few days. Not great on soft wood tops but on hard woods they leave a beautiful finish that looks and feels very organic.

Sounds interesting (to a Dane). Do you know the name of the Danish manufacturer?

Jens

Last edited:
Top Bottom