Any idea on how to make an Uke stand/hanger?

SinisterDom

Reaction score
I totally need a way to store my ukes, I have two Soprano's and a concert, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a cheap stand or hanger with basic supplies. :)

for the wall: just get a nail and a piece of string. tie a knot on each end of the string (not a slip not!) and slide them over your tuners. Now, take a hammer and tap the nail into the wall. Be sure to hit a stud! Make sure you wear a hardhat and safety glasses. Now, hang your uke.

What? You said cheap!

for the wall: just get a nail and a piece of string. tie a knot on each end of the string (not a slip not!) and slide them over your tuners. Now, take a hammer and tap the nail into the wall. Be sure to hit a stud! Make sure you wear a hardhat and safety glasses. Now, hang your uke.

What? You said cheap!

That's what I did with my sopranos. As ghetto as it may sound...it gets the job done. $.20 and some time is all it takes.

When will Rubbertoe write up some plans for his awesome stand?

KalaFlamedSpaltedMaple.jpg

I totally need a way to store my ukes, I have two Soprano's and a concert, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a cheap stand or hanger with basic supplies. :)

Walmart has screw-in wall hangers that are u-shaped and rubber-covered. Maybe a buck.40 each.

cheapest way to go!

That ukulele in kokonut'z post has to be one of the prettiest I have ever seen what kind of wood is it?

Is it the Kala maple?

Last edited:
Walmart has screw-in wall hangers that are u-shaped and rubber-covered. Maybe a buck.40 each.

cheapest way to go!

There are certain finishes that the rubber will just eat. I can't for the life of me remember which ones they are, but to do the "better safe than sorry" thing you might want to make a nice cloth sleeve to cover the "U" part.

I'm trying something new here... hopefully there's a jpg file attached to this post. It's a wire wall bracket bent from a piece of coat hanger. I believe I got it from someone on ezFolk.com some time ago.

The configuration it's in is good for the kind of uke with "ears." If you have normal friction pegs you'll have to bend the little hooks at the end of the arms out to the sides so they fit properly.

It's holding up a dulcimer in the picture, so unless you have a really heavy ukulele, it should work for you.

Attachments

• wire wall bracket.jpg
    wire wall bracket.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
yea that uke is so sexy!

and the stand is ingenious!

good job broh

Where did you find that uke?? I've been looking everywhere for one with limited success.

Top Bottom