I know I have a long way to go, but here's a video....

Sounds nice! :cool:

Petey

That was great! Keep it up!

Very nice. So pretty! Great first video!

Actually that's my second video.
Here is my first video (after editing).
I'm hoping to learn how to multi track sometime soon, so I can do some stuff with more than one instrument.
Thanks for the kind words. 7 months ago when I bought my first tenor, I wasn't sure I would be able to get any music out of it. But like I said, still a long way to go.

I'm hoping to learn how to multi track sometime soon, so I can do some stuff with more than one instrument.

really enjoyed that cb. lovely playing. by the way, when you find out how to multi track on the youtube stuff, could you post a thread with the info please. I would love to do that too. Just playing the uke and singing gets a bit samesy after a while. Cheers mate, and keep up the great pickin! :)

Will do! I'm using a trial version of Power Director. Looks like I just might purchase it after my 30 day trial. They have a forum where you can ask question and somebody said it is possible by playing along with the original through head phones. Then dropping in the new video (s) then mixing and editing. Not sure when I'll get time to mess with it but it's definatley on the to do list. Also thought about just putting the audio file into audacity and recording along (no video) and seeing how that works. We'll see.

Ok, here's my first attempt to multi track using the first video to start with. I added a bass line along with a video of my hands playin the bass. I'm using a Zoom Q3 camera w/stereo mic and a trial version of power director. what I did was set up my bass amp next to my computer and set the camera/mic up for a close up of the bass. Put on some headphones and taped myself playing bass along with the original video. Took that bass video and dropped it into the timeline of the original video and syncronized the two. Here is the result. I know it's rough, keep in mind I'm just learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yWyhtyfQM
Oh, btw, I also took the original sound track of my uke and added some reverb in audacity and put it back in the video. I did the same with the bass adding some phase shift but then decided I liked the raw bass tone better so I left it out. Hope this helps.

Way to go! Keep it up. :D

Ok, here's my first attempt to multi track using the first video to start with. I added a bass line along with a video of my hands playin the bass. I'm using a Zoom Q3 camera w/stereo mic and a trial version of power director. what I did was set up my bass amp next to my computer and set the camera/mic up for a close up of the bass. Put on some headphones and taped myself playing bass along with the original video. Took that bass video and dropped it into the timeline of the original video and syncronized the two. Here is the result. I know it's rough, keep in mind I'm just learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yWyhtyfQM
Oh, btw, I also took the original sound track of my uke and added some reverb in audacity and put it back in the video. I did the same with the bass adding some phase shift but then decided I liked the raw bass tone better so I left it out. Hope this helps.
That was excellent!
Don

Good job. Nicely done and good synchronization - looks like you've figured out - now we expect more videos!

John

oops, I forgot I had two videos posted on this thread.
The strumming tune with the bass track(added later) is "Ain't she sweet".
The fingerstyle songs is Wilfried Welti's arrangement of "La jardiniere du Roi". From his solo book for ukulele.

Last edited:
Top Bottom