Need Help

SySeaweed

Reaction score
I just purchased a Kanilea K1 Tenor Premium. It has no volume or brightness. I'm bummed!! This was my move up from a cheap Oscar Schmidt. I thought this Kanilea would be everything I wanted. It's not. Came with Aquila strings. Gloss finish. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Send it back? I am so sorry, how disappointing for you. But if you just purchased it and you don't like it... Maybe you got a lemon. I am struggling with a uku right now that is kind of muted or flat sounding. I have tried changing the strings, experimented with strumming and being extra accurate when forming chords and nothing changes the fact that I have a flat sounding ukulele. Good luck with what you choose to do. Maybe those more experienced than me will have some good ideas.

G'day sy

welcome to the UU forums mate. Like Roxie, I've got no great advice I can give you but you have my sympathy. I can think of only 2 options:

1. try out some different strings on it. If you're after brightness try some southcoast strings or some worth clears maybe.

Otherwise, is there a cooling-off period that may give you a window to return it?

2. Could you just be honest with the seller and say you're unhappy with the sound of the Kanile'a and ask if they will allow an exchange for another uke in the store?

all the best mate. hope it works out for you.

Aloha SySeaweed,
Call them back as soon as possible...and return it before they tell you it's too long.....tell them your situation...I think you're looking for a brighter ukulele...Good Luck..MM Stan

Top Bottom