Uke shop or builders in FL (near Lake Mary to be specific)

uke4life

Reaction score
I'm going to be traveling there a handful of times this year and was wondering if there are any shops with a good selection of ukes or possibly some custom builders in the area that I might be able to swing by for a look or loss of cash ;) Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance. Mahalo :spam:

Loprinzi Ukuleles is in Clearwater FL, about 2 hours away. They do high end ukes and some customs.

Loprinzi Ukuleles is in Clearwater FL, about 2 hours away. They do high end ukes and some customs.

Hmmm...Thank you Natalie...Always wanted to possibly add a Loprinzi...Heard good things about them, but never had the privelege of playing or owning... :)

Hmmm...Thank you Natalie...Always wanted to possibly add a Loprinzi...Heard good things about them, but never had the privelege of playing or owning... :)

Can't go wrong w/a LoPrinzi. They are the "K" brand of the Continental US IMO. I love mine & I noticed that a dealer has a few on eBay presently. This one is simply beautiful:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Loprinzi-Solid-Koa-NOVA-Soprano-Ukulele-/260732582796

A recent write up in the St. Petersburg Times

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...-source-for-ukuleles-sought-worldwide/1151287

Thank you gmoney...I love the NOVA I think it was but need a tenor and like the geared tuners...But the ebay guy has a Kanilea Tattoo Uke that has been calling me for over a year now and I've been holding off...I love that brand and the markings but not sure if it's worth it because I like the look...LOL

Aloha Uke4life.. or Uker4life???
LoPrinzi is on my wish list....hope to see one in the marketprice(did that on purpose)I meant marketplace at a good price....hee hee MM Stan..

If you can make it over to Tarpon Springs in November, LoPrinzi will be on hand with ukuleles. Concerts , workshops, jams and fun to be had. Hey and I'll be there too:)

Oooooo, what's at Tarpon Strings? I'm suppose to be there in Novemer??? That would be my last trip there of the year. That is assuming that USA hasn't got me in trouble already. Not sure I can wait till November...LOL

Thank you gmoney...I love the NOVA I think it was but need a tenor and like the geared tuners...

LoPrinzi used the "Thurman Multidimensional Soundport" in steel string guitars before creating his Nova ukulele. There's several samples on the web of the tenor model (notably MusicGuyMike has sold a few over the years). Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwsKuXYLbtk

The "Thurman Soundport" adds a level of performer "feedback" somewhat attempted w/the addition of a "personal soundport" seen on many ukes by various makers, custom & factory made. LoPrinzi takes custom orders if a one of the models isn't available through the dealer channel.

I'm loving that NOVA more and more...I saw it from the NAMM show and have been keeping a watchful eye on them...I'm just hoping I can afford one? I haven't been brave enough to ask the price yet...:(

I'm loving that NOVA more and more...I saw it from the NAMM show and have been keeping a watchful eye on them...I'm just hoping I can afford one? I haven't been brave enough to ask the price yet...:(
Don't be shy:) The soprano made with Honduran mahogany list for $750.00 and we sell em for $675.00 and give you a case, concert and tenor list for $825.00 we sell those for $745.00 either one. Koa is available too but adds around $200.00.

Don't be shy:) The soprano made with Honduran mahogany list for $750.00 and we sell em for $675.00 and give you a case, concert and tenor list for $825.00 we sell those for $745.00 either one. Koa is available too but adds around $200.00.

Thank you...You're killing me...LOL And you have those in stock?

See you in Tarpon Springs in November!

Top Bottom