I'll See You In My Dreams

ukejon

Reaction score
Been thinking about George Harrison lately and have fallen in love with this tune, which he taught to Joe Brown who in turn performed it at the 2002 memorial concert. My instrumental is also inspired by some jazz guitar versions that can be found on YouTube. Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins do a sweet live arrangement, as does Rob Bourassa--a good Wisconsin fella.

Played on my Dominator mahagony tenor, a new uke that likes to play older tunes:

Thanks for listening.

Perfection is the first word that popped into my head. That was the first tune I learned on the Ukulele, the bog standard version!Yours was superb.

Always so smooth and precise! :worship:

Truly beautiful. Now I want to learn that song.

Fantastic! One of my favorite jazz standards and one I really want to learn. It's definitely out of my league right now but now I have a great video to aspire to. Thanks!

I worked from this basic arrangement, although changed up some of the chords shapes:

http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/tabs/050922-3.html

One way to work up an instrumental version is to strum the chords and sing/hum along and then find where the individual notes are in the chords.

Have fun. And don't worry about tempo.....I began by playing this very, very slowly and when recording needed to remind myself to not get too overeager.

Wonderful! One of my favorite songs (actually what got me interested in the uke).

Top Bottom