Shoulder surgery = no ukulele :(

raecarter

Reaction score
Hi all its just dawned on me in won't be able to play the ukulele for 3 months soon. I have a bad shoulder that dislocates and im finally being given an operation for it as it turns out ive broken the bit of bone that keeps my arm in its socket hence the constant dislocations. I'm really pleased but sad also.

Tough luck mate :(
Oh well - this to shall pass... perhaps time to brush up on music theory?
And there are a HEAP of videos on youtube I bet you haven't seen!
Hope all goes well - all the best! :D

Unlucky on the not playing part. I know how annoying it is not being able to play.
Two years ago I busted my knee and I couldn't play the drums for nearly half a year.

Good luck with the surgery though!

Tough luck mate :(
Oh well - this to shall pass... perhaps time to brush up on music theory?
And there are a HEAP of videos on youtube I bet you haven't seen!
Hope all goes well - all the best! :D

Music theory that's a great idea! Thanks everyone its the uk nhs so I'll be waiting forever now for the op

Good Luck with the surgery! I hope it all goes well, but Music theory sounds like a great way to pass the time, may I recommend "Music Theory for Dummies" if you don't know much about it already, that starts at the basics and works it's way up! Very good book.

Well, if it's only one shoulder, there is a lot of strumming or fingering (depending on which) to practice with the other arm. :p

Good luck with the operation.
Jens.

Good Luck with the surgery! I hope it all goes well, but Music theory sounds like a great way to pass the time, may I recommend "Music Theory for Dummies" if you don't know much about it already, that starts at the basics and works it's way up! Very good book.

Cheers Joey I'll get that. It's my strumming arm that is being done so fingering practice it is. It's maybe 10 weeks off yet though

I just picked up a copy of "Music Theory For Dummies." So far so good. BTW, There is a $5 rebate for any of the "Dummy" series books going on until the end of March.

Rae, might be a good time to start writing some of your own music too!

I just picked up a copy of "Music Theory For Dummies." So far so good. BTW, There is a $5 rebate for any of the "Dummy" series books going on until the end of March.

Rae, might be a good time to start writing some of your own music too!

I do write but I'm a melody first man

Good luck with the surgery Rae!
I like the idea of studying theory too.. I am looking into getting the dummies book too right now I am ready chord Melody's for the Uke.. and understand ukulele chords and occasionally Fretboard Roadmaps. Good stuff all of them!

3 months is relatively short in comparison to your life... so hopefully it will correct the problem and no more painful dislocations!

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I seriously hope you heal quickly and your playing will be even more wondrous when you get back to it.

C is the most used key to start with but personally I prefer to play on a key of G.
Alot of people would recommend a Big River or Marine Band by Hohner or maybe even a Bluesband.
But personally I prefer the Golden Melody for - well, melodies, haha - and for general playing the Pro Harp / Special 20. (All by Hohner).
The latter ones are a bit more expensive but in general still not pricey.

Apart from Hohner I do like Tombo harmonicas.

Just my opinion :)

Good luck with the surgery! Think of all the pain-free and dislocation-free ukulele playing you'll be able to do once you've healed.

While you're recovering, you could be the guy on the far right beginning at 1:17 of this video. All he has to do is fret.

I was hit by a car(while riding a bike) in August, had to wait til October for shoulder surgery as my other body parts healed, but the shoulder even though damaged and then reconstruction, the ukulele got played every day, it actually helped me through the recovery.

You'll be fine and the uke will make your days better. Happy strumming and finger picking. Good luck

I was hit by a car(while riding a bike) in August, had to wait til October for shoulder surgery as my other body parts healed, but the shoulder even though damaged and then reconstruction, the ukulele got played every day, it actually helped me through the recovery.

You'll be fine and the uke will make your days better. Happy strumming and finger picking. Good luck

Really?!? Oh I hope so

Top Bottom