Do pick-ups change to sound of your uke?

iDavid

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting pick-up put in my uke: a K and K. However, since it is glued on the soundboard, could't that reduce the vibrations by a wee- bit?

Thoughts?

Still getting use to typing on this iPad, btw.

Last edited:
No. Totally nonintrusive. No impact on sound.

Any change in the mass of the instrument will affect the sound. The effect may so small that it is not noticeable.

It may reduce the volume by a tiny bit, since something is contacting the soundboard reducing the vibration a bit.
But then again, when we play normally, we often have a palm or elbow touching the soundboard anyway. So it would be insignificant.

I'm more of a fan of undersaddle pickups though, since they don't touch the soundboard directly.

It may reduce the volume by a tiny bit, since something is contacting the soundboard reducing the vibration a bit.
But then again, when we play normally, we often have a palm or elbow touching the soundboard anyway. So it would be insignificant.

I'm more of a fan of undersaddle pickups though, since they don't touch the soundboard directly.

Like?

A misi.....

I had the K&K and just got it taken off (to put in the MISI like Kanaka said). No noticeable difference with it removed. I think the only thing that changed was that the new bone saddle fitted for the UST has a bit better tone. It's not worth even worrying about unless you have ears like Eric Johnson.

Top Bottom