Solid Mahogany Kala? or....

I'm quite positive that they've been wrongly titled.
I'd say they're the laminated mahogany series. Only in the title does it say "solid", which I hope is a mistake and not an intention to deceive.

In the description, it is written "Mahogany finish" and "Mahogany body", which is highly indicative of the laminate ukes (specifically the Kala KA-S).
The solid ones are all-solid mahogany, top and body.. and I believe they have the tortoise shell binding, not the white binding.

Ask the seller what the model number is. I agree with kissing.

A kind interpretation would be ignorance. It looks like this seller has just gotten started. I remember when I started playing the uke, I was also confused about what was solid and what was laminate. MGM finally set me straight that a description that said "mahogany" ususally meant laminate, and that "solid mahogany" meant that, and that price would also be a good guide.

For me i feel this happens too much. They're definitely laminate i've seen the same pictures on a uk website. I never know whether ukes like this are wrongly labelled due to lack of knowledge or due to deception

Well I can sorta tell its a KA-S but I think the problem is when folks are new, they don't know any better so it should be forbidden. I wonder if its against ebay rules even as all the materials in it are more or less mahogany, it goes against Proper Ukulele Description but I don't know if that is also a violation of the proper description policy of Ebay

I agree with everyone that these are laminate ukuleles. I have a Kala solid mahogany concert. All of Kala's solid mahogany ukuleles have tortoise shell binding, like this.

attachment.php

Just to follow up, I sent the seller a message telling him that the ukulele he was selling was a mahogany laminate and not solid mahogany. He respondee by saying , "Thanks for the insight and suggestion!" and he has since removed the word "solid" from the title of these two auctions.

Just to follow up, I sent the seller a message telling him that the ukulele he was selling was a mahogany laminate and not solid mahogany. He respondee by saying , "Thanks for the insight and suggestion!" and he has since removed the word "solid" from the title of these two auctions.

So he was a genuine misinformed seller excellent. I had the Kala ASMC as much first uke it is beautiful i miss it so

Top Bottom