LoPrinzi soprano custom ukulele - quilted maple with sitka spruce top - $750

LoMa

Reaction score
A beautiful LoPrinzi custom quilted maple and spruce soprano uke in like new condition.

The LoPrinzi is a very cool instrument, hand built by Auggie and Donna LoPrinzi in Clearwater, Florida, USA. Made of all solid woods, it has quilted maple back and sides and a sitka spuce top with lots of cross silking and some bearclaw figure. Rosewood binding on top and back, and purfling on tops and sides. Black and white purfling rosette. Rosewood fretboard and bridge. Bone nut and saddle. Fancy inlaid mother of pearl LoPrinzi logo on the peghead. Pearl position dots at 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15th frets and corresponding side dots. 12 frets to the body, 17 frets total. Hand rubbed high gloss finish well applied - the gloss finish makes it hard to photograph the figure in the quilted maple wood because of the reflectiveness. However, the glossy finish brings out the figure in the wood in real life. High quality gold Grover open back 14:1 geared tuners with black knobs. Small body, the same size as a Martin soprano.

This ukulele has excellent dynamics from loud to soft, and a pretty ringing tone with a fine depth. Very resonant with nice sustain. Excellent playability. Currently strung re-entrant with Aquila strings.

Comes with a hardshell foam case.

$750 - paypal okay.

[Note: the case in the photo is not the one that's included - the case for this uke is a black canvas covered, zippered extruded foam hardshell.]

Attachments

• DSC01300.jpg
    DSC01300.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC01299.jpg
    DSC01299.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01297.jpg
    DSC01297.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01296.jpg
    DSC01296.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC01302.jpg
    DSC01302.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 84
Sorry to hear about hard times- but if you want to PM me pics and a description of the Risa you are listing in your sig- I have been on the hunt for one.
Cheers
Dave

Which ohana model are you selling?

It's an Ohana SK-70MG soprano uke with solid spruce top and laminated flamed mahogany back and sides. It has upgraded Grover openback geared tuners for very accurate tuning. A LOUD uke on the bright side of the tonal spectrum. Sounds great tuned re-entrant or with a low G. Currently strung in Aquila nylguts with low G. Comes with a lightweight gigbag and is from a smoke free home. PM me if you're interested.

Thank you for asking.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about hard times- but if you want to PM me pics and a description of the Risa you are listing in your sig- I have been on the hunt for one.
Cheers
Dave

Hey Dave, I'll PM you now with details about the Risa tenor. Thank you for asking.

The Risa tenor and tenor baroq-ulele have sold, but
the Loprinzi is still available and so is the little Ohana soprano.

Let me know if you have any questions, need photos, etc.!

Top Bottom