My Ukulele store loves me

freedive135

Reaction score
I got Ukulele #4 tonight

Another Kala KA-S Mahognay Soprano (yes another)...

I went in to get my new car Uke and was going to go cheep.
I figured i'd get a purple Mahalo. I wouldn't feel so bad at 26.00$ if something happened to it.
Well I played it alittle and even with my limited playing skills I thought it didn't sound so good, (not as good as my cheep Johnson).
I started playin the Makala at 49.00$ and it sounded way better, I picked up a KA-S to see what the Mahalo sounded like compared to it and the KA-S sounds/played better so i figured whats another 10 bucks at this point (the store I shop sells them for 59.00$)

In my mind it was justified, this way I can test strings to find out which ones I like better.
Plus it looks like the other one and the wife won't know I got another one for awhile(hopefully).
Funny thing is they sound different. Now I just need to restring both of them, D'Addario Ukulele strings for one D'Addario Hawaiian/Concert on the other to start.
I really like the D'Addario Pro Arte' strings I put on my Tenor.

I got Ukulele #4 tonight

Another Kala KA-S Mahognay Soprano (yes another)...

Plus it looks like the other one and the wife won't know I got another one for awhile(hopefully).

Oh, so you have to play that wife game too? She always finds out eventually, and gives me that wife look! :mad:

Oh, so you have to play that wife game too? She always finds out eventually, and gives me that wife look! :mad:
Funny, I get that look from my husband......

well, im not married.
but i know that even if i married a uke lover....
i would probably still get "the look" constantly.

especially since i have purchased five ukes in the past five/six months.

:music:

ppshhh... whatt...

Oh man, you guys are a bad influence. I just bought my second uke and now I'm craving another. They're like potato chips, you can't stop. Sopranos are especially dangerous, they're so cheap you think you can buy a ton of em :)

I get the "why you need so many, you only can play one at a time" lecture then I get the look.

well, im not married.
but i know that even if i married a uke lover....
i would probably still get "the look" constantly.

especially since i have purchased five ukes in the past five/six months.

:music:

ppshhh... whatt...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, Heather!

You've seen this, haven't you?

Funny, I get that look from my husband......

My husband plays ukulele, but I think he has an immunity to UAS. I keep trying to tempt him by showing him ukes on-line.

His response, "Why would I want another ukulele when I'm really happy with what I have?" What's wrong with him?!?

Actually his main concern about more ukuleles is that we just don't have room, but still...

Oh, so you have to play that wife game too?

Funny, that first thing I thought too! My UAS has been 1 uke a month for the past 4 months so I'm now at the point where I just keep it quiet and add the new one to the pile. ;)

Funny, that first thing I thought too! My UAS has been 1 uke a month for the past 4 months so I'm now at the point where I just keep it quiet and add the new one to the pile. ;)

From a previous thread -

Im thinking of changing my charge card merchant name to MGM auto parts so the guys can buy what they want without being caught by the wife and to MGM cosmetics so the woman can too. lol

haha! I recognise that game too! And yes they do always find out in the end. I find a cheeky smile goes a long way!

That said I have got away with it for some of my photographic purchases, cameras tend to look pretty similar!

Got my eye on an ohana CK-35G which looks nothing like any of my other ukes so if I'm going to get that one it will be with full prior permission!

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, Heather!

You've seen this, haven't you?
OMG! I just went to youtube to put your UASS on "my favorites" and read your description...."12 fret program", I am in hysterics here. Alan, Please make a follow up PSA. You are absolutely hilarious.

OMG! I just went to youtube to put your UASS on "my favorites" and read your description...."12 fret program", I am in hysterics here. Alan, Please make a follow up PSA. You are absolutely hilarious.

Thank you. I also cook and clean up after myself. :p

I'm planning another UASS video, but the society and I are not speaking to each other right now. I "fell off the wagon" after going through the 12-fret program earlier this year. Now I'm not such a good spokesman.

:)But every day in every way I'm getting better and better!:)

Top Bottom