Heading off to Seattle to see Jake on Wednesday

ukunuke

Reaction score
What a great reason to take time off of work! Jake will be at Jazz Alley for two days. I can't wait to see him live ;)

Whoo-hoo! Have fun! Wish I could come!

Has anyone caught glimpse of his new uke!?!??!!?

Looks like it is the same Kamaka that he has been playing for quite awhile. Here's a link to a short interview he did on the local Sacramento station this morning. He had the same uke at the show tonight. In the interview, he said he only has 5 ukes and only takes 1 on tour. That was a bit surprising...no backup uke?

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/

Plus one on the sacramento show. This was my first time seeing him live. I loved hearing the stories behind the songs.

Saw him in Costa Mesa, 2 hours of bliss, we had seats in the sixth row. Just awesome. He is truly a phenomenon, and has a wonderful energy in person too. The audience loved him, he got a few well deserved standing ovations.
:love:

Jake's show at Harlow's in Sac was just awesome. He has such a great connection with the audience, and he seemed truly appreciative of the intimate venue. He also gave a nice little acknowledgment to Dominator, who also attended the show (Dom and I chatted for a bit before the show).

Sonicbaker, was that you wearing the black UU T-shirt, sitting about in the second row? Nice camera work. I meant to say hi and introduce myself, but things got a bit hectic after the show. Maybe next time.

Doug

That was an amazing video! He seems to just get more and more incredible. I saw him last year at Yoshi's in San Francisco, and he not only played amazingly well (he even previewed Bohemian Rhapsody), he also hung out in the lobby after each of his two shows that night and waited patiently until everyone who had lined up to meet him, take pictures and get autographs had left.

Sonicbaker, was that you wearing the black UU T-shirt, sitting about in the second row? Nice camera work. I meant to say hi and introduce myself, but things got a bit hectic after the show. Maybe next time.

Well, I was in the second row, and was wearing a long black jacket, but no UU t-shirt...Have to get one of those so I can be identified at future events! I'll probably check out Jake again this summer at the World Fest in Grass Valley, July 15.
Todd

I'll be sure and post after the show - especially if we get to hear the new Kamaka. Really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom