"Edelweiss"

H

Hippie Dribble

1959. music Richard Rodgers. lyrics Oscar Hammerstein II

The gorgeous show tune from 'The Sound of Music"; named 'edelweiss' literally after the white flower found high in the Alps of the Austria where the stage production is set.

Rodgers gave the song a haunting waltz-time signature and it is used powerfully, as both a paean to the homeland of Captain Von Trapp and, earlier, as a sentimental refrain that evokes a rekindling of his love for his children.

It became the standout tune from the musical and one of the most dearly loved co-writes of the Rodgers and Hammerstein team. This was the last song they wrote together.

This is a simple chord solo arrangement of the song, played on a Mya Moe walnut tenor ukulele. Hope you like my attempt at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmpppjknoA

thanks for stopping to have a listen. Blessings all. :)

Aloha Eugene,
Wow you make that uke sing....it has a very nice tone...Is that you new custom Mya Moe....Nice job with the song, as always..thanks for sharing., MM Stan

Hello Eugene, That is one of my favorite tunes, I think because I was just a girl and the movie made it's impression on my young mind. It was lovely. Thank you.

Thanks for posting Eugene. That is very pretty.

Did you find an ukulele tab for Edelweiss online somewhere? I can't seem to find any.

Thanks for posting Eugene. That is very pretty.

Did you find an ukulele tab for Edelweiss online somewhere? I can't seem to find any.

PM me with your email address Jim and I'll forward the music on mate.

Eugene, me too please. I sent you a PM.

hey Eugene! that was wonderful! thank you for sharing! i always loved that song from the movie! would you mind sending me the music as well? i would appreciate it! enjoy ukulele!!!

Very nice! I am working on a much simpler version, yours is inspiring!!

Top Bottom