First song!

seagullplayer

Reaction score
So I picked up my new and first Ukulele last Thursday off C.L., Lanikai LU-21CE.

Printed off a chord chart and the tab for "This is the stuff", I played it last night at Church! My wife and our friend Sandy did the singing.

I think I am really going to like this thing, it is so much easier to pack around than my guitar! I visit folks in the hospital, rehab and nursing home all the time, this would be great to take along and hope to bring a smile.

If you have never heard the song before, here is the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqdA8LHN7I

Aloha Seagullplayer,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele...have fun and enjoy..google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords and instructions..also
we have alot of guitar converts here..and you're right the ukulele is more fun to me .......thank you for donating you time to stop by the hospitals and cheer up the patients and giving back..most inspiring
to hear you do..check out and google Betty Lou's guiitar site ...Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Wow! Thanks for playing for nursing homes. I'm a former nursing home nurse, am working in one tonight with my Hospice patient. Nursing home existence (notice I didn't say living) is darn near unbearable at the very least. But don't get me started, you're doing a wonderful service. What a kind and generous person you are.
My goal is to get good enough to play for nursing homes, it's very rewarding.

My wife myself and another lady have been playing a local Nursing Home for about six years now, third Tuesday of every month.
It is one of the most rewarding things we have ever done. I tell a few jokes sing a few songs and play guitar poorly.
As of last year we have had some other folks join us, one guy brings a 12 string along and a wonderful percussionist has been
setting in for the last few months.
It doesn't pay any money, but what it does pay wouldn't fit in any billfold ever made.

03242011042.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome what you are doing. I take my dogs to nursing homes. Haven't done it in a couple months. You all just motivated me.

You sir have inspired me... I play guitar fairly well and just bought my first Ukulele... I need to start going to nursing homes and playing there. My wife's grandmother is in a nursing home and I should do something like this.

Aloha Seagullplayer,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele...have fun and enjoy..google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords and instructions..also
we have alot of guitar converts here..and you're right the ukulele is more fun to me .......thank you for donating you time to stop by the hospitals and cheer up the patients and giving back..most inspiring
to hear you do..check out and google Betty Lou's guiitar site ...Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Very helpful thank you so much! I was looking for some good instructional websites/youtube channels.

Top Bottom