New Mainland Pineapple

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Being a recent ukulele convert after 30 years of playing guitar, this site was a great resource for all types of uke information. I used the site to ferret out the best fit for quality instruments that would be meet my requirements as well as my budget. I just purchased a Mainland ukulele, a husband/wife outfit out of Indiana that sells Asian-made ukes of which the final setup and finishing is done in their shop.
Although they sell direct, I bought mine from Mike at Ukerepublic (www.ukerepublic.com), who seems to be Mainland's only authorized dealer, primarily because they had a hardcase in stock, where www.mainlandukuleles.com case for the pineapple uke, which I bought was on back order. I purchased the Mainland Red Cedar/Rosewood all solid wood pineapple soprano.
I has a beautiful gloss finish, perfect intonation and a big rounded tone. What is also nice is that many of the Mainland ukes allow you to choose either a matte or gloss finish as well as either friction pegs or geared tuners with an option of either silver or gold and a choice of button colors. I chose the friction pegs which turned out to be superior to the Gotohs on my recent Martin and the volume and tone are superior to a recently purchased Lanikai LSM-C solid mahogany concert uke. It was setup perfectly and again has perfect intonation, has a very comfortable neck and beautiful wood grain. I couldn't be happier with my new purchase.
Consider this a wholesale endorsement of Mike at Mainland Ukuleles as well as an endorsement for Ukerepublic because of their great customer service. Thanks Mike and Mike.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like a pleased customer! Congratulations and have fun making music.

Aloha Guitarsnrotts,
Congratulations on the new Mainland, can't go wrong buying from any Mike...they all give Top quality products and excellent customer service...

Top Bottom