PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Uke Week April 17-23

ukeeku
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
I figure I would get some buzz going and announce that I will be doing Banjo uke week (Like shark week, but better) April 17-23 at Ukeeku.com (http://www.ukeeku.com)
Here is a teaser photo of the ones I have and there is one more coming, but that will be a surprise.
http://ukeeku.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/banjo_uke_week_teaser.gif
Top 3: Lanikai LBU-C, Mainland Concert banjo Uke, and the Gold Tone Concert Banjolele
Bottom 4: Mahalo camp uke (Original name was Banjo uke, oh so wrong), Lanikai LB6-S, Eddy Finn Open back Soprano, and my refurbished inline head soprano.

Please post anything you want me to cover. I will be doing an article or more a day, with a final comparison at the end.

zac987
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Ooh, how exciting! :) I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the Eddy Finn and Lanikai, since they seem to be very very similar.

mm stan
03-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Aloha Ukeeku,
Are you kidding me, wow wee you teaser!! Looks like a banjo candy store....wouldn't mind test strumming them...Thanks for sharing, MM Stan

ukeeku
03-29-2011, 01:38 AM
My plan is to hang on to as many as possible for the MO Uke Fest in May. So if any one comes to that I will be there with as many ukes as I can fit into my car, and I love for people to come and try them out

Chap
03-29-2011, 03:04 AM
If you're interested in a couple more, you're welcome to borrow any of mine, if we can figure out a way to get them to you.

Except my Maxitone, that's off visiting Aaron Keim for some work.

-Dave/Chap

ukeeku
03-29-2011, 03:35 AM
If you're interested in a couple more, you're welcome to borrow any of mine, if we can figure out a way to get them to you.

Except my Maxitone, that's off visiting Aaron Keim for some work.

-Dave/Chap

Actually, How about I visit you? I can bring them to you and we talk and play?

Chap
03-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Sure! I'd say I'd meet you at CHUG, but I suspect that I may be in my uke class when they have the meeting next month.

So, just give me an idea of when you'll be up this way, and we'll figure something out.

ukeeku
03-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Sure! I'd say I'd meet you at CHUG, but I suspect that I may be in my uke class when they have the meeting next month.

So, just give me an idea of when you'll be up this way, and we'll figure something out.

Actually I am in evanston this weekend and have all but one that will be in the article.
Want to meet saturday some time or sunday morning?

Chap
03-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Sure thing! I could drive up to Evanston, and fit in a trip to Hogeye and the nearby bakery. :)

Saturday would be better for me, unless you have an urge to visit the Old Town School on Sunday.

Lori
03-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Looks like a good group! I will definitely check it out.
–Lori

Jnobianchi
03-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Very interesting, as Artie Johnson used to say on Laugh In.

Am I dating myself with that reference?

I'll be watching - I think I'd like to see the Mainland, the Magic Flea and the Beansprout added to the list! Any chance those boys will send you review instruments to keep? ;)

ukeeku
03-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Very interesting, as Artie Johnson used to say on Laugh In.

Am I dating myself with that reference?

I'll be watching - I think I'd like to see the Mainland, the Magic Flea and the Beansprout added to the list! Any chance those boys will send you review instruments to keep? ;)

None are for keeps yet, but I do have a mainland in the mix, the last one is a surprise

ukeeku
03-31-2011, 03:56 AM
Very interesting

BUT STUPID!!!
LOL
the amount of banjo ukes I have right now is stupid.