The Comment
View attachment 22160

Exhibit C
Checking his credentials
View attachment 22159

Exhibit D
Where I continue to have fun with the whole scenario
View attachment 22161

In conclusion, I encourage viewers/readers of this post please review Exhibit B where the comment is first brought to your attention. Please notice that I am not making any complaints about what comment Krabbers left, because Krabbers is not a d-bag.

Aloha Potatowaste,
There will always be negative ..um people...ignore them.. and have fun and enjoy..Keep strumming them strings, MM Stan

I had a similar issue with someone last week uu encouraged me too block him and move on

Some people can only tear others down because they can't do for themselves. Drive on young man!

Ah, youtube! A coupla weeks ago, I was getting some strange comments from someone I didn't know, and who had just opened a youtube account. I was polite and grateful for their comments. I then got an odd comment from the same user, deleted it, and was then attacked by them. Blocked the user. Five minutes later had a facebook request from someone I don't know with the same initials as the youtube user. It's weird, and throws a strange hiccup into your day. That person's youtube account has been deleted as of today. Strum on, strum on, strum on.

I don't let crap like this bother me at all.
In fact, he gave me something to do while I couldn't sleep.
If I was worried about peoples comments I wouldn't even be capable of posting videos.
Now I'm actually thinking of practicing my singing (ick).
So maybe Travisb888 will get a thank you in my liner notes when my beautiful singing and strumming land me a record deal ;)

We just had an issue with this on another thread, and it got shut down. Yes, he makes dumb comments, but here's no need to flame him on a public forum and encourage retaliation, it's just not worth it. Clearly it does bother you, because if it didn't, you wouldn't have taken the time to post it here. Understandably so, I would be upset too. But you need to be the better person and move past it.

Last edited:
imho - worst thing you can do is engage with people like this. Ignore it and move on or things can quickly turn nastier.

We just had an issue with this on another thread, and it got shut down. Yes, he makes dumb comments, but here's no need to flame him on a public forum and encourage retaliation, it's just not worth it. Clearly it does bother you, because if it didn't, you wouldn't have taken the time to post it here. Understandably so, I would be upset too. But you need to be the better person and move past it.

It didin't upset me at all. The point I wanted to make, which I didn't do a good job off obiously, was to show that while there are going to be people out there that are going to hate on everything.
I responded to him on his channel so he knows he made a mistake.
I found comments he made on other peoples videos and suggest they brush him off too and that they weren't the only ones being ripped on.
I intended this to encourage those that are hesitant to put themselves out there to get past the fear of rejection from others.
While one person may wish to bring you down there is an entire Underground community ready to pick you back up.

This is the guy I dealt with today. I love these cats, and you'll see why

Exhibit A
My Video

Exhibit B
The Comment
View attachment 22160

Exhibit C
Checking his credentials
View attachment 22159

Exhibit D
Where I continue to have fun with the whole scenario
View attachment 22161

In conclusion, I encourage viewers/readers of this post please review Exhibit B where the comment is first brought to your attention. Please notice that I am not making any complaints about what comment Krabbers left, because Krabbers is not a d-bag.

Not sure if I'd call him a troll. he is giving you props but asking you to put a little feeling into the music. I watched a little bit and it seems that you were reading the chords off your screen? Nothing wrong with that b/c it is what I do most of the time but i can tell a diffeence in my playing when i am playing from the heart vs. reading the song.

I wouldn't let yourself be bothered over it. Learn from it and move on.

Not sure if I'd call him a troll. he is giving you props but asking you to put a little feeling into the music. I watched a little bit and it seems that you were reading the chords off your screen? Nothing wrong with that b/c it is what I do most of the time but i can tell a diffeence in my playing when i am playing from the heart vs. reading the song.

I wouldn't let yourself be bothered over it. Learn from it and move on.

I'm with John on this one - I don't think that was necessarily trolling. That's a pretty charged song - sometimes if a song has meaning for someone and they think others are just playing along with it casually, without caring about the song, they might get a little peeved. He probably could have expressed it better (or not at all) but I didn't get the impression that he was just cruising around trying to tear people down for the heck of it.

In any case, not worth worrying about. You can choose to learn from it, or choose to ignore it, but I wouldn't lose sleep chasing somebody around YouTube over it.

John

I'm going to make a change to the information on my youtube channel stating that I'm going to do 365 songs in 365 days. This will make up my personal songbook. When I've done that my plan is to actually go back and revisit all of the songs again without the added help of playing along with the original song or yes, reading off the screen. The only reason I do that is because I don't have a printer to print off the chords I'm reading.
I guess I should also add to it that I've only been playing since January.
Anyways, time to make another video. You can't keep me down.

I'm going to make a change to the information on my youtube channel stating that I'm going to do 365 songs in 365 days. This will make up my personal songbook. When I've done that my plan is to actually go back and revisit all of the songs again without the added help of playing along with the original song or yes, reading off the screen. The only reason I do that is because I don't have a printer to print off the chords I'm reading.
I guess I should also add to it that I've only been playing since January.
Anyways, time to make another video. You can't keep me down.

that is awesome.
I do want to reiterate that my observation was not personal. Now that I know that you want to play 365 songs in 365 days I can understandwhy you hadn't learned the song by heart:) Heck, I've been playing for 4 years and I can only play 7 songs by heart.
I just didn't feel that the guy was actually being a troll. He has an oopinion and he is allowed to speak it. This is the thing about sites like YouTube and even UU. You put yourself out there, you have to understand that all comments aren't going to be:
Awesome Job!!
Great Playing!!
You Rock!!
ETC.
You are going to get the occasional constructive critisisim, abusive remark (which sucks), and idiotic comment. It is part of life and one just has to accept it.
An example:
I can not sing and my playing isn't that great either yet i still throw myselfout there. anyways, a member here told me in comments of a video of mine that my singing sucks. I didn't get offended. I simply let him know that was ok. I knew my voice sucked but i wasn't singing for him.

I think you play really well mate. Especially if you've only been going since January. wow! I must confess though, I wasn't sure what the point of it was...I kept waiting for you to turn off the version on the tv and take over with your uke and your own singing. Each to their own, but if it was me I'd learn the song first and then film it. That guy seemed quite upset didn't he. I wonder if that song had a special meaning for him.

But anyway mate, can't say any different to what has already been said. My feeling is that putting up retaliatory comments - no matter how much 'fun' it might be - is just flaming the fire and creating a downward spiral. Although you say you're not angry or affected, doing that is telling him that you are. I'd rather delete and not respond.

Keep on ukeing bro. I enjoy your music. Have fun with the 365 songs in a year project. Man, that's a challenge! Cheers mate!

I think you play really well mate. Especially if you've only been going since January. wow! I must confess though, I wasn't sure what the point of it was...I kept waiting for you to turn off the version on the tv and take over with your uke and your own singing. Each to their own, but if it was me I'd learn the song first and then film it. That guy seemed quite upset didn't he. I wonder if that song had a special meaning for him.

But anyway mate, can't say any different to what has already been said. My feeling is that putting up retaliatory comments - no matter how much 'fun' it might be - is just flaming the fire and creating a downward spiral. Although you say you're not angry or affected, doing that is telling him that you are. I'd rather delete and not respond.

Keep on ukeing bro. I enjoy your music. Have fun with the 365 songs in a year project. Man, that's a challenge! Cheers mate!

I agree. That is so big. I hope he does it.

You guys are the best, I swear.
I'm not even going to block the fella because he does have a right to his opinion.
While I say it doesn't bother me, I meant that it didn't upset me. In fact, it is going to use it to inspire me that much more.
The mans comments weren't totally hateful, he did like the song selection but he did continue to rip me in the comment section on other peoples videos.

All you need is love

Good luck on your challenge.

But ignore the negative people. Some people are just not nice.

John, I like your Amazing Grace so much I just recorded my own without the use of any backing track as I usually do and I sang on it as well.

Top Bottom