Not a uke - but beautiful!

Gmoney

Reaction score
I know this isn't technically a LUTHIER post/question, or even about UKES, but... I had to ooh & ahh at this beautiful guitar & note some of its beautiful appointments. I have seen some of the ideas used here on ukes, but the whole package makes me wish I was independently wealthy, just to own this guitar!

http://artisanguitars.com/2008-stehr-grand-auditorium-ga13-sinker-redwood-and-italian-olivewood/

The details of the woods are:

Sinker Redwood Top
Italian Olivewood Back and Sides
5-Piece Mahogany/Maple/Olivewood Laminate Neck
Side Leaf-Shaped, Purpleheart Bound Soundport
African Olivewood Fingerboard
African Olivewood Bridge
Bloodwood and African Olivewood Rosette
Purpleheart/Maple Purfling
Purpleheart Body, Neck, and Headstock Bindings
African Olivewood Headstock Veneer

Just a gorgeous package. The bound leaf-shape soundport looks like one of Chuck's creations.

If I broke some board rule by posting this here, MODS can move it for me.

I know this isn't technically a LUTHIER post/question, or even about UKES, but... I had to ooh & ahh at this beautiful guitar & note some of its beautiful appointments. I have seen some of the ideas used here on ukes, but the whole package makes me wish I was independently wealthy, just to own this guitar!

http://artisanguitars.com/2008-stehr-grand-auditorium-ga13-sinker-redwood-and-italian-olivewood/

The details of the woods are:

Sinker Redwood Top
Italian Olivewood Back and Sides
5-Piece Mahogany/Maple/Olivewood Laminate Neck
Side Leaf-Shaped, Purpleheart Bound Soundport
African Olivewood Fingerboard
African Olivewood Bridge
Bloodwood and African Olivewood Rosette
Purpleheart/Maple Purfling
Purpleheart Body, Neck, and Headstock Bindings
African Olivewood Headstock Veneer

Just a gorgeous package. The bound leaf-shape soundport looks like one of Chuck's creations.

If I broke some board rule by posting this here, MODS can move it for me.
That was BEAUTIFUL. I know $4000 is a lot of money, but it seemed like a great price for that.

Beautiful fret board and markers and I love the leaf shaped bound side sound port. The rosette looks awkward to my eye though and I'm not a fan of purple heart. It's a striking guitar though. Well done.
I dig the Santa Cruz/Bob Brozman guitar on the same page. Love that sycamore.

Last edited:
Beautiful fret board and markers and I love the leaf shaped bound side sound port. The rosette looks awkward to my eye though and I'm not a fan of purple heart. It's a striking guitar though. Well done.

The details reminded me of some of your best work. I too love that leaf-shaped sound port. I understand that Purpleheart may darken over time unless properly treated. I guess I like the contrasting woods which adds highlights the depth of grain in the sinker redwood.

Top Bottom