Any suggestions for private uke instructors in the Kanapali/Lahaina area on Maui?

Howie1947

Reaction score
I'm sure I have asked this before, but I am desperate? Any leads/ideas/names much appreciated. Will be there from May 3 thru May 9...............Thanks, Howie PS I have made a few attempts thru Craig's list, but so far no one has responded.

Try Lahaina Music on Rt. 30. They should be able to help, Jason runs free uke lessons twice a week, but I am sure he could do private lessons! They are great people, bought my Kamaka from them 2 years ago!
Also check out Bounty Music. They are on the other side of the island, but they might be able to set you up with somebody in Ka'anapali beach area! Have fun, that area is my favorite to stay and I will be there in mid August. Leave me some pineapples!!!

I bought my first ukulele at Bounty Music, nice folks there.
Go to Komoda Store in Makawao for the best cream puffs you will ever have in your life. Go early. like 7am early, or you won't get any. You won't be sorry!
Have fun in Maui, I will be on Oahu visiting grandma at that time...

I was in Mauii last month and received a private lesson from Jason after sitting in on one of his free lessons. It helped me a lot and he is a great guy. As noted, you can reach him through Lahaina Music.

Mike

If you plan it ahead in advance, Kimo Hussey sometimes fly's over from Oahu to do a few private lessons. He is one of the worlds best teachers and would be my first choice with out a doubt.
Here is a link to his website where you can get his contact info.

Hi Howie,

Good to see you on the Forum.

Hope to see you and Crispin at the Ukulele Festival in July.
Maybe we can create a larger Ukulele Underground site for all of us to
enjoy the festival together.

Keep uke'in',

PS please let us know how your private lesson goes, with whom and how valuable.

Top Bottom