new ukulele?

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
ok... so i am doing my maths homework, and its getting to the point where its m+nk2x54b(-398x2abcde)/pie squared - some fish symbol etc... and i am bored out of my mind

Now, its my b'day in.... i dunno, more than 1 week but less than 2 :D
birthdays to me are like every single other day except i really appreciate it when people say happy birthday, a happy b'day from my friends and family is all i ask for...

But, just like all of you, you can't go without giving your family a present of any sort. Every year i don't ask for everything but i always get money because im the type of laid back person, normally, and don't care what happens.. or care what i get - so i get money to buy whatever

....so heres the part where $ + good mood = ukulele.. i now only have $500 to pay my dad, and i get only ust over 200 tax.. but when that comes through ill have it all paid off...

SO!! after my life story, my conclusion is this... i want a new ukulele =]
i now, on this forum, i say to buy this buy that.. depends on you, but when it comes to making decisions for myself - i suck at it

realizing i am writing to much and people wont answer me... what ukulele??
im thinking 300-400 for now, then ill buy a flea next then etc..

BRIEF IT ALL UP 300-400 ON AN UKULELE - not a flea or fluke right now
and a tenor :D

so yeah.. haha, pickup or not.. dont care

i want a new ukulele because i believe it will motive me more.

anyways, thanks!! please reply haha

a better gift would be 2 buy a really good uke and donate it to the homeless, i wouldnt mind hobos playing the uke on the streets

So...$300-$400 tenor, non fluke/flea Those are your specs correct?

My choices would be

Kala Spalted Maple
Koa Pili Koko
Ohana TK-35G

Why? Because those are the ones I've never owned.

I forget what you have, but hows about a Pono PTO tenor? If you get it from a seller like MGM (MGM is a lot like MGM I here ;) ), he'll make sure it's a keeper.

I forget what you have, but hows about a Pono PTO tenor? If you get it from a seller like MGM (MGM is a lot like MGM I here ;) ), he'll make sure it's a keeper.

yeah i wanted a pono PTO tenor as well, but i want to get the PTE... correct me if im wrong but i think they are the same ukulele but the PTE has a pickup installed? so i would get the pickup which cost me about 550 i think

which is the ukulele after the flea ;) i got most planned out, just not this uke

Rich loves his Bushman Jenny Tenor. I can't get him to even think about getting another ukulele. (And I've offered to get him some sweeet ukuleles!)

Others tenors that we have:
Applause UAE148
Kala KA-S8E-C
Papa's Boxes Cigar Box
Bruce Wei (cool dragon inlay!)

For sound and playability, none of them even come close to his Bushman.

^ never owned? alright then hahaha, ....

The only ukulele I've owned that I will never give away is my Kamaka. All my others weren't that hard to part with. There was always something, maybe something very trivial, but something, I didn't like about them.

I've just been in the same situation, birthday coming up etc etc.

My solution (after several shameless and disasterous attempts to 'win' a new uke) was the Ohana sk35, Ohana just seems to get the best press at the moment.

Since I am among friends I can tell you that it has been ordered from a certain online uke shop and I am in the long dark ukeless torment of the soul as it clears UK customs. Can the days really be this long?

Mine will be a soprano but I'd be tempted by a tenor so I am with deach on an Ohana reccomendation.

The others I don't know about as much.

What a great position for you to be in, having your pick of such a cute herd.

Happy hunting

The only ukulele I've owned that I will never give away is my Kamaka. All my others weren't that hard to part with. There was always something, maybe something very trivial, but something, I didn't like about them.

us maoris have a saying and it goes
Ko nga tohunga anake i whakaaetia kia kōrero.

which actually means
Only the learned were allowed to speak.

which has nothing to do with anything... but my point is
maybe you couldnt am like this - :music:

Rich loves his Bushman Jenny Tenor. I can't get him to even think about getting another ukulele. (And I've offered to get him some sweeet ukuleles!)

Others tenors that we have:
Applause UAE148
Kala KA-S8E-C
Papa's Boxes Cigar Box
Bruce Wei (cool dragon inlay!)

For sound and playability, none of them even come close to his Bushman.

kala doesnt sounds too bad.. ill check it out now
*checking
hmm..its alright hahaha but not an applause or cigar box etc.. heads up for everybody else :D but thanks, i dont mind this kala at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine will be a soprano but I'd be tempted by a tenor so I am with deach on an Ohana reccomendation.

I have to credit Ken Middleton and his reviews. He will be listed as a contributer to my UAS.

I've just been in the same situation, birthday coming up etc etc.

My solution (after several shameless and disasterous attempts to 'win' a new uke) was the Ohana sk35, Ohana just seems to get the best press at the moment.

Since I am among friends I can tell you that it has been ordered from a certain online uke shop and I am in the long dark ukeless torment of the soul as it clears UK customs. Can the days really be this long?

The others I don't know about as much.

What a great position for you to be in, having your pick of such a cute herd.

Happy hunting

hahaha :D cute herd is it?? i have no idea what that is
well, if i didnt say happy birthday, happy birthday!! :cool:

im quoting everything people say, i clearly have no life.. :'(!
but thanks for ur help, ill stick with the tenor

any imput helps

So...$300-$400 tenor, non fluke/flea Those are your specs correct?

My choices would be

Kala Spalted Maple
Koa Pili Koko
Ohana TK-35G

Why? Because those are the ones I've never owned.

Deach you've almost read my mind with those choices.

I'd love to hear the Kala Spalted Maple and Koa Pili Koko.

I'd also add the Kala Koa with solid Cedar Top. I have that one and it's got a beautiful tone.

Deach you've almost read my mind with those choices.

I'd love to hear the Kala Spalted Maple and Koa Pili Koko.

I'd also add the Kala Koa with solid Cedar Top. I have that one and it's got a beautiful tone.

u want to hear a pili koko??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zNBZRO8A2M
thats brilliant!!
hahaha, i always refer that video, but it sounds great the uke and everybody says its nice - which is true

Not really a good choice. I once heard Aldrine play a stunning version of the Flight of the Bumblebees on shoe box with strings duct taped to it. He is magic.

do you think people want an example of Aldrine playing one or me?? they wouldn't consider me, which is why.. you give good examples, to back up what your saying

Alrighty then, I second the KPK, and Kala spalted maple, but only because I have a weakness for highly figured maple. I have birdseye maple on my favorite uke and it's so much nicer than in the pics.

And the Ohana, because I wouldn't turn down a 50g concert. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom