Fishman Loudbox Mini

bassfiddlesteve

Reaction score
I just got one and my MiSi equipped LoPrinzi sounds pretty nice though it. I like the fact that the two channels each have their own EQ and effects. I think it will come in handy for venues where I need amplification but don't want to to drag my whole PA system along.

189901_1927617236550_1425776891_2281780_1377108_n.jpg

- Steve

Very nice looking.

Aloha Steve,
Congrats on the two new purchases...wow wee they look awesome and made for each other...Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

I played my first gig with the Loubox Mini last Saturday and it went very well. It was a beach wedding ceremony and we used the amp as our PA, running a Shure SM58 into the mic channel and the uke into the instrument channel. I added a little reverb to each channel and set the EQ flat and it sounded great. It has an amazingly full sound for such a small amp. For a few songs we used my acoustic guitar which has a Fishman Matrix pickup and that sounded nice too with minimal EQ changes. For the cocktail hour I used the Loudbox Mini to amplify not only my uke, but also my Kala U-bass with the highs cut and reverb off. My duo partner (who is also a bass player) was shocked at how much low end the amp put out without breaking up at all. After just one gig I am very pleased with this versatile and classy looking little amp.

- Steve

I got to play with one at Guitar Center a few weeks ago. It is now on my want list. It sounded great with guitar and with ukes. (I got a few looks as I plugged a uke into it to try it out, but I always get looks playing ukes at GC.)

~DB

I got a few looks as I plugged a uke into it to try it out, but I always get looks playing ukes at GC.

I know what you mean. GC is not a very uke friendly place. I feel as though they carry them begrudgingly because they were told by corporate that ukes ares a "hot item".

- Steve

You've apparently found the nose...

The funny thing is the guys that come in to look at acoustic stuff and they see them on the wall. Give them five seconds and they pickup the Fender model. Then, when it isn't tuned right (because uksters gravitate towards the Lunas and Lanikais), they put it back up think ukuleles suck. I'm not too put off by that, especially when I walk up after them and start strumming out jazzy little biddies they can't even play out guitar.

I believe, there are a bunch of guitar players our there (*cough* douchebags *cough*) that think that guitars come in two brands: Fender and Gibson.

~DB

Top Bottom