FIREFLY bajo uke from Magic Fluke ! ! !

harpdog cc

Reaction score
FIREFLY banjo uke from Magic Fluke ! ! !

Got my email, ordered my FIREFLY banj uke from Magic Fluke! Ordered mine with pegheds...production starts next week! Who's STOKED!?!!...

Last edited:
Can't wait to read your review and see pictures!

Got my email, ordered my FIREFLY banj uke from Magic Fluke! Ordered mine with pegheds...production starts next week! Who's STOKED!?!!...

Way to go, Harpdog!

Mine is also ordered with pegheds - Phyllis confirmed that my order was in the queue last week.

Shall we race? (g)

I am probably driving down to pick mine up, rather than having it shipped - depends on my wife's schedule. If I can figure out how to do a video, I'll also post.

Here are the two prototypes I played when I visited the shop:
banjo ukes.jpg

I can't wait for mine, either!

-Kurt

I'm pretty stoked because my birthday is in April.. do I have to e-mail them to find about the banjolele?

They emailed me - I had called a while back to be on a waiting list...they might have started the list with my call...sounded that way.
They ended up going with dark wood, walnut neck, non see-thru skin. I'm glad for that.

Last edited:
I'm pretty stoked because my birthday is in April.. do I have to e-mail them to find about the banjolele?

I got an email because I called them on the phone and put myself on their waiting list for one about a month or two ago. Today they said that they are now beginning the process of fulfilling all those waiting list orders and that I should get mine by the end of the month. If you want one soon, I'd give them a call.

Wait a minute, pegheads? As opposed to what? Should I have asked for pegheads?

The will normally come with Grover 2B friction tuners. The Grover 4 series, or peghed tuners are available for an additional charge - it is $69 for the pegheds.

If you want them, either drop Lucy and email, or call, and give them the update.

Dale, Phyllis, Lucy and Beth are all terrific to work with.

Tell them I said "Hello". (g)

-Kurt

Congratualtions! Will love to hear what you think of it.

Pegheds rock, by the way!

I'm really tempted, but the one video of James Hill playing it is not convincing me to get it, lol. He could make fishing wire attached to a stick and a tin can sound good.

I was planning on buying, and may still, but later, when they start doing the lower cost plastic fretboard. I'm having WAAAAY too much fun with the Mainland...

I'm stoked by that dog of yours. Happy for you about your future banjo uke. When you post pics of it when it arrives, post a few more of your dog, too.

Do they rock 69$ worth?

Oh, yeah.

Ive got pegheds on my Fluke - they do rock. Light as a feather, ultra-responsive. I wouldn't hesitate to get them on anything I can order, or custom.

Not that I'll be able to order anything custom for a long, long time....

-Kurt

IO mailed them to ask aobut when they wouldbe available, they sent me a mail yesterday asking for my details to preorder. to be honest i like the idea and i like the price but i need to hear it and see it a bit more before i am ready to commit. also it is not the cost of the uke that might deter me it is the 45 bucks shipping and then the 70 bucks VAT i will have to pay in the uk, with the pegheads, which are a must cos i hate friction heads, that makes it a 420 dollar uke for me. not such a bargain.

I'm stoked by that dog of yours. Happy for you about your future banjo uke. When you post pics of it when it arrives, post a few more of your dog, too.

Butters is uke-friendly

butters.jpg

... the 45 bucks shipping and then the 70 bucks VAT i will have to pay in the uk, with the pegheads, which are a must cos i hate friction heads, that makes it a 420 dollar uke for me. not such a bargain.

I think if I was in the UK I'd rather look for a fine vintage BU. Seem to be a lot of them there.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah.

Ive got pegheds on my Fluke - they do rock. Light as a feather, ultra-responsive. I wouldn't hesitate to get them on anything I can order, or custom.

Not that I'll be able to order anything custom for a long, long time....

-Kurt

Alright, I upgraded....hanging around with you guys is expensive! I hope it's worth it. I really wouldn't be buying a banjo uke at all if it weren't for this one. I hate the weight and clunkiness of most of them, and I dislike having to "mess with them" all the time as they say. I love the incredible lightness of this one. The other reason I want one honestly is that I'll be able to hang the silly thing on my wall where I can grab it often. I got a serious lecture about humidity here in the furnace heated midwest from half the people on this forum when I first started coming here, and now I'm practically afraid to take my acacia concert out of the case long enough to play it! So I'm happy about being able to hang this one on the wall without fear of it splitting up the middle.

Top Bottom